Little cousin : Kau bodoh!
Ieqa : .... (!!) Kau lah bodoh!
And this little potty mouth blurted other bad words that shouldn't be coming out of a four year-old girl. I was flabbergasted! Ieqa and I looked at each other, awkwardly. We started to ignore her. When she started to notice that she was being ignored, she began kicking around, trying to grab our attention. Unfortunately, one of her kicks hit me. It got me pretty mad, but I couldn't yell at a little girl, could I? So, I grabbed her legs, looked at her and said;
Moi : Tak baik sepak-sepak orang, Tuhan marah. Berdosa tahu! Kalau suka sepak orang, nanti kaki awak jadi besar, macam kaki gajah. Nak berdiri pun tak boleh. Lepas tu, takde siapa nak kawan dengan awak. Haa, nak jadi macam tu?
She stared at me, quietly. Her eyes were big and teary, as if she was in shock.
Little cousin : Mak!!!
Okay, I didn't mean to scare her off. I like children, I always do. But, I cannot stand kids like that. I wasn't taught to be a potty mouth and rude to the elders. I was always taught poise and grace (NOT!), eventhough I turn out to be clumsy, disorganized and a total klutz! Nevertheless, I wouldn't swear in front of the elders and definitely wouldn't kick anyone at all, except my siblings, because that's how we get along. ;-)
I told Mama about what had happened, and she said that my little cousin might have picked up the bad words from the other children she's staying with while her parents go to work. Oh, blame it on working parents! I have working parents too, oh no, I have workaholic parents. But there's no reason for any of us to develop potty mouths. Everytime my siblings and I said any kind of bad words in front of my parents, Mama would say; "Mama cili mulut nanti!" My brother, Raffy thought Mama wouldn't dare do something like that and tried her patience, and he got what he deserved. He never cursed since.
Talking about behaving oneself in front of guests or other people, I was always taught to sit quietly when visiting relatives or friends, or when we have guests, so that I don't embarrass my parents. If I did, Abah would threaten to leave me at Zoo Negara (we lived in Taman Zooview, in case you're wondering and Abah did leave me there once because I skipped class when I was five!) on our way back home, so that scared the daylights out of me. Kids nowadays don't do that anymore. They would shamelessly barge into my room and mess around with my things. Because of that, I have to lock my room whenever we have kenduri, if I forgot to do it, Abah would lock it for me. See, how these post-modern kids behave! I like kids, don't get me wrong, I just do not like the way they behave. Obviously, not all children are like that, just a minority.
Anyways, I'm going to stop babbling about how rude children nowadays really are. I think you already get the point. So, yeah. Be MEAN to your kids so that they learn how to behave in the future!
Listening to : Eenie Meenie - Craig David
10 commentaires:
i once kena tinggal atas pokok jambu (when i was 5) sebab main ngan budak2 laki and perangai jantan that my grandpa tot it would be a good lesson for me sebab lps tu mmg tak panjat pokok dah (ni kes reti panjat, tapi turun tak reti lar ni) HAHHHAHA
nway
when i was at the prefecture police (ke apebende tah nama dia) today ada this one couple with their son (abt 3-4 years old macam tu) and the boy was literally kicking other kids yg ada kat situ (even tho tak kenal) and the mak (cina) and pak just tengok sambil gelak2 bole takkkkkk?!!
i was telling hubby - 'gelak laa gelak, nnt dah besar budak tu sepak ko baru tau' and hubby couldnt agree more. dah la bising gila, macam baru keluar hutan. the parents pun satu, dah tau nak datang tempat mcm tu, bawakla buku colouring ke, games ke apa ke. sengal btol!
haaa kan makcik dah start membebel! :D
awat feedjet ko lari masuk artikel. nk bc pun susah. adei
eleen : haha. kena tinggal atas pokok. orang dolu² garang tak macam orang skrg ni kan? :D
omg! seriously? man, i'd feel ashamed if i have that kinda kid. balik sure kena libas. gila lah parents dia cool ke terlebih cool?
extremist thinker : guna firefox please?
ur parents did a good job wif u. seriously.
i have to say i was in the same boat wif raffy. i kene cili sebab carut apa tah masa like 13. i never thought mama would do it and she did. now dh besar i swear balik hehe, as an adult whenever the rarity moment arise. :)
eh u ke budak kecik yg nangis sorang2 kt zoo masa i pegi like 10 years ago? wow! hehe.
i've that type of little cousins too..come to our house..masuk semua bilik..punggah sane sini..time makan pun x behave,say bad words,but their parents,somehow remain ignorant..teruk kan..kalau kite la..da lame kene pulas telinga..but these kind of parents..i don't know what to say...
wan : nope. i'm not that little girl kot. haha. but i did cry mcm tak igt dunia time kena tinggal. sepatutnya boleh jalan kaki je balik kan, tapi dah gelap time tu. seb baik tak kena kidnapped.
aqma : i know! apsal diorg tak tegur kan? kalau kena ngan aku, mmg dah kena kot budak² tu. paling tak suka bila diorg ckp bad words. macam tak sesuai je.
budak2 skang nih no manners
smpi i'm sooo afraid to hve a child
takot jd kurang aja
pnh 1 day my father's fren dtg bwk la1 famili
so anak2 die kecik la
then tye kitorng 'kt umah korng xde tv ke?'
'korang?' hello....punye tua la aku nih..
the i just said 'tv untuk org dok umah ni,not for visitor.org dtg umah bkn tok mlawat ke?kalo nk tgk tv blk umah la.'
hahah...
then die bgtau his parents.kuat la smpi my mom dgr...me n my siblings bt bodo je.siap tarik plug tv xnk kasi die tgk..bt cm tv die lak..
kalau saya cakap perkataan-perkataan begitu..
sudah pasti mama saya akan marah teramat sgt..
tapi kanak2 zaman sekarang..
err.. susah nak dihuraikan
tak tahu mana mereka belajar..
aduhai.. bangsaku
pembuliiiiiiiiiii kanak2~!!!! beware of liyana wahai kanak2 comeyl sedunia~ =P
Enregistrer un commentaire