Anyways, the Hubs is not really a romantic person. I mean, not at all. He's the type of person whose work is his priority, his world. To what he gives his all. Relationship to him comes second, or third, I don't know. So, how he proposed was really a surprise to me. Yes, he's also not the type who likes to give surprises, well, at least not with me.
It was my last day of my final exams. I remember I had Mandarin that afternoon. He was on holiday, so he came to Caen to spend time with me. And the Hubs likes to cook. One of his qualities that I love, he's a happy person in the kitchen. As I was having my exams, he kinda took care of me. He prepared me food and forced me to study (oh yes, I have to be forced to study).
So that noon, he prepared me lunch. I did not suspect anything when he kept telling me to come and eat. When I did, he turned to me, literally down on one knee, with my plate on his hand. And guess what was on the plate? A ring! And then came the classic 'will you marry me?' question! It definitely caught me off guard! I was like, 'are you serious?' Not exactly the answer he wanted to hear, obviously, but he nodded anyway. I said 'yes' finally. Of course lah kan, if not I wouldn't be married to him today (^_~)
I went to the exam hall smiling. Did the exam smiling. And kept looking at the ring. I couldn't believe what he just did and what I just said. My heart and mind weren't really into what I was doing at that time. They were absolutely somewhere else. I couldn't wait to finish my paper and to see him again. It felt surreal.
Honestly, it was one of the best decisions I've ever made. We got engaged in August and were solemnized in December. Some even asked why was it so sudden. Some even dared to make serious accusation like I was knocked up. HAHA. Not so funny actually. If I really were, I'd be ginormous by now. Plus, I don't believe in lovemaking before marriage. So how was it possible? We had a good six months before we got married.
I wouldn't say it was smooth sailing all the way. Of course there were times when I had doubts about getting married. Mostly because I couldn't picture myself doing it and because I didn't feel ready for it, plus, I had, and still have trust issues which I'm working on getting rid of. But my parents were so supportive, especially my mom who turned out to be really understanding. She reassured me that he's the best for me, and my dad, being him, he believed that I could do it.
Since then, I never regret taking the big step. I never regret saying yes to his proposal. I never regret marrying him. Not even a second. I still have a lot to learn, a hell lot. But with him by my side, I am sure I can do it. I hope I'll be a better wife in time, insyaAllah. (^_^)
Listening to : Never Gonna Be Alone - Nickelback
4 commentaires:
OMG dats so sweet hunny!!! *hugs* congrats wit ur aniversary proposal dear..i wonder how my proposal story wud be...heee..im so happy for u!
miss sunshine : haha. thanks. i just realized i never wrote about it, so there! thanks! i'm sure yours would be great as i think your boyf is a romantic person, isn't he? :)
I nak jadi macam u lah.. Tak nak cintan cintun lelame..terus propose and kawin. Had too much hurtful feelings..sobs~
I love you forever sweetheart..
Enregistrer un commentaire