dimanche, janvier 23, 2011

Cold Feet, Warm Purse

I'm scared.

I'm scared of going back for good. It never really hit me until very recently, when I realized I will no longer be going back for food. This time, I'm going back for good, if I do not have to repeat any paper lah.

The question is why am I scared?

Because going back for good means I will have to start a new life. Not alone, but ensemble, à deux. Even after I got married, I'm used to living alone. Here, in Caen, I have a place of my own. My very own haven. And people still call me Mademoiselle. I used to think that being apart is going to help me to adapt to married life slowly. Going back for good will finally make my marriage official. More real. I'm the type of girl who asks her husband not to come home for lunch because she doesn't want to cook, yes, I'm THAT type of girl. When the Hubs told Abah about it, Abah said, 'Bertuah punya budak.' Ye, saya lah budak bertuah itu. Tak suka masuk dapur. Tsk. So, the thought of going back to reality kinda scares me. No more holiday. I'll have to do the work. I'll have to face the fact that I'm now a married woman and everyone will call me Mrs. No more jeune demoiselle. *sobs* I hope the Hubs isn't going to be too hard on me. *batting eyelashes*

I always thought of going back to Malaysia as a holiday. So, when I go back, I never really do anything except lazing around the house, watching TV or read a book. Internet becomes of little importance when my loved ones are around. As an avid reader, holiday is when I spend most of my time reading. I can curl up under the duvet and lock myself up in my room, and read the day away while everyone else thinks I'm sleeping. Mama said 'Budak ni bukan boleh bagi buku, nanti semua kerja tak jalan.' When I go back for good, no more lavish time for books. 'I am on hols' excuse will no longer be taken seriously by the family. *sobs*

I'm a quiet person, IFYOUDON'TKNOWMEPERSONALLY. I'm only loud around those I'm comfortable with. I'm sure I will have to make new acquaintances once I'm home for good. I'm a nomad, I make new friends all the time, so what difference will this one make? This time, it ain't gonna be easy. My dad and husband work in the same field. My husband married his boss' daughter : MOI. And I guess you're clever enough to figure out my worry. So, basically my mom and I will move in the same circle. I only hope they will acknowledge me as a wife, like the others, not as my parents' daughter. Why am I saying this? Because I heard some stuffs when I went back last month, people were questioning what am I gonna be like when I get there. When I asked why were they asking, the answer I got was, 'Sebab awak kan anak *****' Belum ku pulang sudah bercerita. *sobs* But I know there are some nice people there, because I've met them. Hopefully they're going to be nice all the time and help me mingle. LOL!

Last but not least, I'm scared of working. I mean, I work now, part time, it's not the same as working full time. I enjoy teaching. In fact, I love it when my pupils love me more than their own teachers. I love the fact that they can confide in me, it shows that they trust me. I love when they enjoy my class and do not want to leave early. I love it when they make an effort in class, at least I know they try. Yes, there are problematic pupils, but they are kinda mellow with me, not as aggressive as with their own teachers. I guess that's a yay for me! My worry is, when I'm back for good, my working environment isn't going to be the same. I may not get the same kinda attention I get here. I may not be as appreciated as I am here. I may not be liked by some. I'm afraid of being one of 'em loathsome teachers. *sobs* Soooo takut. But I'm gonna keep my fingers crossed, hoping that everything will be alright. Plus, my cousin once said to me, Kau ni campak mana pun boleh survive!' Let's just hope he's right!

Anyways, that's enough of whining for today. Oh by the way, guess what?!! Jeng jeng jenggggg.....

Me went shopping again!

*ignore the eyebags please, time of the month!*

It wasn't the plan at first, I wanted to go to my friend's place to take my notes from her but she was out so I had to wait in town for a couple of hours and ended up buying more stuffs! I can't go out! The sale is irresistible! Even when it's raining! And I thought I wouldn't survive the crowds. Boy, was I wrong! Shopaholic, even in heels, with throngs of people, always manage to buy a little something for herself! Dah balik rumah baru rasa sakit kaki. *sigh* That's it, no more outings for me until February! Which is just two weeks away. Let's see if I can get through this. Heee! Wish me luck!

Gotta go. Traaa!~

Moi xx

Listening to : Without You - Chris Brown

10 commentaires:

Anonyme a dit…

en train de lire vite fait ton article et ça me casse le moral! Merci XD
J'avais pas réalisé qu'il va falloir que tu repartes pour la Malaisie et pour de bon! Sniff!
Enfin, bon je m'y attendais mais pas avant 2 ans, quoi, sniff sniff
Gaëlle

GurL-FriDay a dit…

ah là là Gaëlle! je suis désolée! je savais pas. je sais que tu m'aimes. c'est pour ça que cet article te rends triste. t'inquiète pas, je pars mais je reviendrai sûrement! parce que si je suis pas là, qui va faire 'parfaire' tes photos? ou si t'es pas avec moi, qui va faire les miennes? et je pars qu'en juillet, donc on a encore le temps. sinon, tu dois me rendre visite en Malaisie! bsxxxx!

Sunshine a dit…

omg i knowwww righttt??? being a shopaholic i so understand u woman! hihi.love the new shirt btw!
oh n love, its ok to be scared.i mean i wud've feel the same too. eventho we role it nomad style..but i believe once u settle down wit hubster, he'd understand.(if not sile nanges guling2 atas lantai)
i wish u all the luck love :) n i agree with ur kazen..u'll be just fine love :)

ps: where u'd be staying?mindef ke??n im around if u need a fren for some gossip over a cup of coffee ;)

farida tarmize a dit…

kalau u buat class french part time in kL, sila roger..

:D

GurL-FriDay a dit…

miss sunshine : thank you! we, women, what else can we do to cheer ourselves up, eh? yeah maybe it's normal for me to be scared. i've been here for quite a long time, since i finish my spm. so i kinda have built my own life here, my own circle of friends, etc. and going back means i'll have to start anew. and i also hope the hubster will understand. ;p

ps : idk yet, depends on where i'll be working. sure thing! ;)

cik kedondong : haha sure. i'll tell you kalau ada. ;)

wanoui a dit…

as much as im trying hard to nullify your concerns in this honest, brilliant post, i must say in the end, the way you analyzed everything, every aspects, predicting probable outcome n worries shows that you care enuf bout it. which is all that matters i think, n you'll be find with that sikap intact in u. allez!

GurL-FriDay a dit…

wan : thank u, bro! u never fail to make me feel good about myself. insyaAllah i can do it. i have to keep reminding myself from time to time to keep my feet on the ground. pray for me, eh? allez!

Mariella Liyana a dit…

Lynn...till today, I still do not respond when people call me Puan or Mrs.
Don't get me wrong, I love being married...just can't get used to being called Puan/Mrs...makes me feel like I'm OLD...ugh!

Oh...especially when people call me 'Auntie', a definite No-No

GurL-FriDay a dit…

Liyana : Exactly! I've been called 'mademoiselle' all these while, so I'm sure I'll need time to adapt to Mrs. Yes, that will definitely make me feel old. Blergh. What to do.

Auntie? I now have two nieces, so nak tak nak, terpaksa lah. Tsk.

Mariella Liyana a dit…

Haha...train your nieces to call you 'Kakak'. That's what I did with my nephew...To him, I am Kakak putih *grins* (perasan gile ok!)