
"If you marry a rich man, invite me, I'll fly over" - Jessica
That's what she last said to me, as we hugged, at the airport. I wanted to cry. But I didn't want to start. Because I knew if I did, then I'd never stopped. Her eyes were already wet with tears. I couldn't even look at her. It was really sad. She's gone for good. Time flies fast. Nine months have passed. Now, it's time to bid farewell. I hope that this is temporary. Maybe we'll meet again in grad school soon. Who knows? As the tram passed in front of her residence in Caen, I felt like something was swelling up inside of me, waiting to burst. And it did. I finally cried, far from her, far from the others. People said, 'Oh, you'll meet someone new, you'll get new friends'. It's not about that, really. It's about having to part with someone you shared most of your time with. It's about not having to see them again. It's about not finding anyone like them. Urm, it's about everything actually. I just couldn't see myself mixing with other people the way I did with them. Things will be different. But life goes on, isn't it? The moments I had with them will be treasured, at least until we meet again.
The funny thing is, our last conversation together seemed to be about marriage. Maybe it was because we saw a few newly weds taking pictures at the Eiffel Tower. Then it started from there, about what dress to wear, where to get married at, with what kind of guy, what kind of marriage, etc etc. And when they asked me what kind of guy would I consider as a husband material, I didn't know what to say. It's really hard to describe what kind of person you would want as a husband, isn't it? Because there's no such thing as a perfect guy or girl. They just don't exist. So, I told them that I want someone who is responsible, for himself and for the people around him. And what I meant by responsible is, someone who knows how to take care of himself, not just himself but others too, who knows how to distinguish between good and bad, one who doesn't only say, but do, one who doesn't fool around, and someone who knows when to be serious when asked. Those are not much to ask from a guy I guess. Guys with good qualities are hard to find nowadays, so if you ever found one, keep him. ;) And Jessica wants to find her Antonio, a latino guy who speaks perfect spanish, french and english. :D I hope I'll be there when she marries her Antonio.
Alright, I guess that's all for tonight. I'm too tired to write more. I need to get my beauty sleep. So, until then, toodles!~
Listening to : De Toi à Moi - Jesse McCartney
1 commentaire:
what a coincidence, i remember a friend of mine, jessica simpson once said to me.
'if u marry a blody poor guy, make sure he's that poor because you took all his money.
friends forever k moi? :P
Enregistrer un commentaire