lundi, septembre 29, 2008

la rentrée et twilight

Class started this morning. I've finished mine for today. Geez, I can't believe there's only one day left before Raya and I don't even feel the Raya atmosphere here. Gah. I wish I was at home where the Raya atmosphere is at the very least acceptable. *sigh* I guess I won't be getting any duit raya this year since I'm already over my teenage years. But I'm sure I'll get them from my parents and Perimekar already gave us ours. Not much, but I'm happy anyways. Should be thankful for what I have, there are always those unfortunate ones who don't get anything at all. =(

This morning's classes went well. I had a grammar lecture this morning and comprehension and writing expression just after. They weren't that bad, except that I felt a bit sleepy in grammar, probably because I've always slept late during my holidays so it's a sudden change for me to wake up in the morning and have class afterwards. I have a week to adapt, so I'm not that worried. Oh, another thing, I dropped Spanish and signed up for Mandarin because I think it will benefit me more in the future than Spanish, plus I can always learn it on my own since it's written in normal alphabets and not some weird characters like Russian or Mandarin and I already have some basics. As for my third language, it's still German.


I've just finished reading Twilight, written by Stephenie Meyer. I have to admit that it was a pretty good novel. Left me wanting for more but I do not know how to get the rest of the series. I have to ask Abah to buy them for me because I just spent about 100€ on books and he is sure going to be mad at me. Books are really expensive in France! Anyways, back to Twilight, it's about a girl named Isabella Swan (Bella) who fell in love with a young vampire named Edward Cullen. Their relationship is very risky, dangerous, intriguing, adventurous yet beautiful. Makes me want a vampire as a boyfriend! LMAO! You have to read it yourself to know the rest of the story. I'm not going to write the whole synopsis here. I can't guarantee that you will all like it, but what I can say is that it is unputdownable! It's very entertaining and will leave you tingling in the dark. A fun read!

Ok, I think that's all for today's update. I need to do some grocery shopping. My refrigerator is almost empty! And I also need to shop for school stuffs. Until then, toodles!~

Juliette xx

p/s : I'm not going to wish you guys Selamat Hari Raya just yet. Will do it on the actual Raya day and probably blab about how sad I am on that day.

Listening to : You Belong To Me - Jason Wade

1 commentaire:

superunknown a dit…

di malam raya ini, i wish u selamat hari raya moi. minta maaf if ada salah silap for the past few years we known each other. u will celebrate even not on the first day. have a great day!