.jpg)
Every Halloween reminds me of the one I had back when I was fourteen. I was in Kuala Lumpur at that time, with a group of friends from Bainun, teachers from all over Malaysia and a choir group from Tarcisian Convent Ipoh. We were all staying in a hotel. I forgot which hotel though. We were staying there because of Konsert Kementerian Pendidikan. I was very lucky because during my study in Bainun, Okestra Muda Bainun was at its 'zaman kegemilangan'. We got to perform at Istana Budaya two years in a row, or was it three years? I can't recall. We had to compete with SERATAS and KYSM, but we were the lucky ones. =)
OK, I'm not here to babble about orchestra. I'm writing about Halloween. We had to share rooms with two people. So, I got to share mine with Fatim and Izyan, the violists (yeah, you heard me right, violists, not violinists). Our next door neighbours were Kakak 1, Kakak 2 and Kakak 3. On Halloween night, Fatim and I made prank calls to almost everyone we knew wishing them Happy Halloween. Izyan however, did not have anything to do with this. She was the nicest one in our room. Fatim and I called everyone, trying to be spooky and wished them 'Happy Halloween', sounding like two grandmamas who were choking on their false teeth. We also called our next door neighbours. We were unlucky because Kakak 1 was the one to pick up the phone. The conversation went like this :
Kakak 1 : Assalamualaikum. Kita orang Islam, lah. Tak sambut Halloween-Halloween ni!
Two choking grandmamas : Errr.... *hung up*
Dammit! We failed to scare them, well, to scare anyone at all actually. But, they were our biggest failure. We were frustrated, but being two pranksters, we managed to come up with another idea. Fatim decided to wrap herself up in kain telekung and kain batik, leaving only her eyes open. She could barely walk in those. Then she stood in front of their door, urm, she didn't actually stand up because she wasn't able to, instead, she sat in front of their door while rocking back and forth. My job was to ring their bell. So, I did my part and ran back to our room, peeking from the little hole on the door. Kakak 2 opened her door and "Aaaaarrrrggghhhhhhhhhh!!!" Yeah, she screamed! Also very loud. Fatim couldn't help rolling on the floor laughing. Kakak 1 and Kakak 3 came out from their room and I came out from mine to join the fun. Kakak 2 was like; "Hang ni Fatim! Takde kerja lain, ke?" It was really funny and Kakak 2 looked pretty scary as well as she was wearing a kaftan and bedak sejuk on her face. And we're busted! Kakak 1 figured out that it was us making the prank call earlier. Anyway, we had a really good laugh that night. See, I told you I had really good memories being in the school orchestra. I got to travel, skipped classes and exams, good food, even got pocket money! Haih, I miss the good old days!
Well, I think that's all for tonight. I'm really tired. I usually am most Fridays. And again, Happy Halloween!
Listening to : Scars - Papa Roach
6 commentaires:
hehe kelakar. yg kakak 1 tu agak gedik la serious sgt. its not like u are celebrating ke apa kan. haha. anyway yeah i remember tht u were in your scool band, and yg mcm sgt popular.
cerita2 zaman sekolah mmg best kan. i still cant forget the times masa darjah 6 yg bodoh2, haha. ingat tak cikgu science slalu marah kita sbb kita suke sikat rmbut? and remember tht time our hair yg mcm kembang2 kt bwh tu? hahaha. and remember the times yg kita berebut nak pegi telefon booth kt tepi class and lynn smpai terjatuh. hihi..
kalau sy kan. sy da terkejut da ngn kakak 2 tu. haha. scary kot tgk muka penuh bedak sejuk. haha.
u prankster!
ad : aah. she was very religious and still is kot. tak best betul dia jawab mcm tu. we were just fooling around. a ah la ad! i remember all the good times we had kt convent dulu. also the trips. usm semua. lol. it was fun. and of course time lynn jatuh tu! omg! seb baik la semua perempuan! haha.
lalaland : agakla. she looked pretty scary. :D
wan : i was. not anymore. i'm a goody goody now! lol.
and omg is tht elly? ad br pasan. hehe.
u..jhtnye..lol.but kakak 1 tu mcm xreti hve fun je kn?hehehe..
Enregistrer un commentaire