vendredi, novembre 06, 2009

Moi and My Issues

Okay, I swear I'm going to start doing my Civilisation assignment right after writing this. I just finished watching all the six seasons of Sex and The City. See, I cannot start watching any series. I just get hooked really fast. I won't stop until the end of it. No matter how many times I've watched it. Like The O.C., Weeds, Friends, The Simpsons, etc. My life is all about books and DVDs. Pathetic, isn't it? But, who cares? As long as I'm happy, no?

Anyways, I just want to know, have you ever taken anything anyone said seriously? Like something that is supposed to be funny but you take it the other way round? You just find it hurtful or offensive? I've been feeling that way for a while now. Am I just being oversensitive? It's not that I can't take jokes, I can, of course. But, sometimes I find them to be hurtful. It's almost insulting. I don't mind people making fun of me, but seriously, they just have to know when to stop. It's not fun anymore when someone is using offensive words. I know that you're much, much older than me and that you're funny most of the time, but calling me names (that I only know the meaning after I asked) does not amuse me any longer. It annoys me instead. And yes, I hold grudges. I don't let go of these things easily. Tagging me in an insulting photo does not help to ease the feeling. It's like, what did I ever do wrong to you to be called and treated that way? Yes, I can take jokes when you threw it in my face, but seriously, the name calling has to stop hence the never responded comments.

Another thing, how does one say things without hurting the person you're talking to? Is there no other way to disagree without being disagreeable? Because I just find something that someone said to me on the phone a few hours ago, a bit harsh. I am selfish all the time, I know, and I can be an attention whore. I refuse to acknowledge others' hardships and think about myself all the time, yet, saying mean things just makes me more irritable than I already am. Oh well, I guess it's high time I did some self-reflection, or soul searching? Ah, whatever. I think I just need space.

Okay, have to start on that assignment or it'll never finish on time. I have a date with the hot Civilisation lecturer tomorrow morning and I want to do good. I yawned last week in his class because I was so tired and he thought I was out partying all night. It's not going to happen again tomorrow, or ever! Alrighty, then! Good night, everyone!

Juliette xx

Listening to : Be The One - The Ting Tings

Aucun commentaire: