vendredi, janvier 22, 2010

Yes, Honey, I Am Married

"Do you have a boyfriend?"
"Oh no, I'm married. I just got married recently"
"What? NOOO!"


That was my students' reaction when I answered their question. For the first time in my history of teaching, I could actually react to THAT question with a positive answer. Even the teachers were like, "So, 23 and married, huh?" Why 23? Because for the French, you'll only turn a year older when it's your birthday and you'll stick to that age until your next one. So if I said I'm 24, they'll be like, "You haven't had your birthday yet, so you're still 23." Get it? Yes, pretty complicated, but not as complicated as the Koreans, who have nothing to do with today's entry. ;p

Anyhoo, they think I'm pretty young to be married. Or probably I don't look like a married woman. Either way, it doesn't really affect me. I'm glad I got married early. Because now, I have someone to annoy for the rest of my life. No, really, I do annoy people and instead of any random people out there apart from my family members, I now have a husband to annoy. How fun!


So, today marks the fourth week we've been married to each other. Yes, I'm going to count each week, month and year (insyaAllah) until I get tired of it. I'm not missing my other half any less. I miss him even more and that's what makes me want to finish my studies as soon as possible. I can't wait to go back. I miss having someone to bicker with. Although we can do it on the phone, it's just not the same. *sigh* And of course, all the little things as well, like having him by my side all the time. Hmm.

Oh, today is also my last day of class for the semester. Yippeee! I'll be sitting for my exam in a week time. I'm going to spend my study week by going to the gym every morning because I haven't been there in a while. So, it's time to start exercising again since the weather has been pretty okay these few days. Couraaaage!

I need to get ready for work or I'll be late. Toodles!~

Juliette xx

Listening to : Falling For You - Colbie Caillat

6 commentaires:

Nazley a dit…

Sayang..I really miss our time together as a husband and wife..I love you so much sayang..I will take care of you for the rest of my life..Muahsss

GurL-FriDay a dit…

I'm glad to hear that. ;)

I miss you sooooooo much!

Mwahs!

myownstoryasitis a dit…

lynn i think is really sweet when u wrote 'i have someone to annoy for the rest of my life' =)

GurL-FriDay a dit…

haha. it's true jess, i'm sooo annoying. i make him worry about me all the time. ;p

Adwina a dit…

haha me too!i like to make him think tht i cant take cre of myself..i guess i just want all his attention on me,,hee

GurL-FriDay a dit…

so true, ad! we're all attention seekers. ;p but in a good way i suppose cuz we only seek them from our other halves. :D