lundi, novembre 08, 2010

Facebook et Moi

As much as I love Facebook, there are things I don't like about the oh-so-famous social networking site. You see, it's fun as a medium for you to keep in touch with your friends and family, BUT, it's creepy as it's also an easy access for YOUR stalker to stalk you. I am nobody famous, of course. I spring-clean my friends list from time to time, yet, I wonder how does it manage to get to 9++ friends in just a short time, because I know that in real life, I don't have THAT many friends (kera sumbang, ok!) At least not close friends.

I categorize most of my friends according to the schools I went to, like Eglinton Junior School, Convent Sitiawan, Bainun Ipoh, MRSM Taiping, Lycée Victor Grignard and Université de Caen. Other groups are Malaysians In France, Aunties&Uncles, Hubster's Friends, Loved Ones, Relatives, Net/Bloggers, My Pupils, Buddies (those I know personally) and Limited Profile. Those who fall under the last category have no access what-so-ever to my complete profile and pictures. Why? Simply because I don't know them and my heart kinda tells me they're stalking. HAHAPERASANFEMES! Or because I don't like them leaving stupid comments on my pictures. I even put some relatives in that group because I don't like them poking their noses into my business. If I didn't accept their requests, nanti cakap anak Iland ni sombong dah godang-godang ni! (Iland is my dad, it's pronounced as i-len, and cakap dalam loghat Rawa, please)

Like a week ago, I twitted about how I don't understand people who add my whole family up on Facebook. Not just the family, but people who are close to my family. Be it my friends or my siblings'. You only know one person or two in the family, and your point of adding the whole family up? Stalking, is it? Bukan seorang, tapi banyak orang jugak lah. Pelik, kan? And apparently I'm not the only one, one of my friends agreed, in her case, it's the same stalker as mine. Mula-mula macam bersangka baik, mungkin dia nak meramaikan friends list dia. Tapi kalau friends list dah melimpah ruah, perlu ke meramaikan lagi? Kenal ke semua orang tu? I bet you don't.

And there's this person I know since primary school. Her family didn't like me that much. Her sister thought I stole her boyfriend. Gila kau! Aku baru 11 tahun, ok! Whenever I went to her house, her mom and her sister would 'perli' me like there's no tomorrow! So I kinda hated going to her house back then. Her mom scolded me once for no reason, ok tipu, because my friend was sick and she asked me to go to her house to pick up a letter for the teacher and when I didn't come because I was late for school, she came to the bus stop and scolded me. Anak kau sakit, kau nak mintak tolong orang, cara baik sikit, boleh? I didn't tell my dad until we moved out from there and when I did, my dad asked why I didn't tell him earlier, he would have done something. I didn't like telling on others back then, especially when it involved parents. I still don't now.

Sekarang dah mengarut panjang lebar dah. Tapi tunggu, cerita tak habis lagi. I am an unforgiving person and I do hold grudges. Sampai lah dah tua macam ni. The last time I heard about her was three years ago when I went back to Malaysia and visited my Mak Nono. Her next door neighbour, who also happens to be a friend of mine, told me that my friend was caught with a guy at her very own home. First thing that came into my mind was : Serves you right! I don't know how far it is true, until now. Because you know how busybody Malay neighbours can be, it probably was just a rumour. I don't know. Alright, enough walking down the memory lane, she added me on FB several months back. We talked. She said she missed me and other stuffs. Later I realized she added my whole family up too! Including those close to my family. Stalker much? Kau kawan dengan aku je, kau add semua siblings aku APEHAL? Haa camtu lah my reaction. Itu pun if I could ever consider you as a friend given how you and your family treated me. Grudges, yes. T_T

Then juniors, from school. Especially those born in 1989 and above! The only juniors I know are probably those in Convent and some of my sister's friends in Bainun. Lagi muda, lagi aku tak kenal. Why? Because I was in Convent until form 1 and Bainun until early form 4. If you went to the same school after that, how lah am I supposed to know you when I wasn't even there anymore. Knowing my sister does not necessarily mean you know me. Again, like I stated before, I am nobody famous. So, please. Especially those who like to write status telling everyone 'I'm-the-fairest-of-all-my-exes-are-all-still-so-friggin'-deeply-in-love-with-me-and-everyone-else-is-just-jealous-of-me!' But when you look at the pictures, oh yes, you ARE the fairest of all, no doubt! Pleeeeeaaaaaseeeee LAH! JAHATKANAKU?! >.<'

I am nice, you know. HAHA. No, really, I am. If you added me as friend, say hi. I would reply. Taklah rasa macam stalker. Sometimes I think, even in FB there's a struggle to fit in. To fit in with the right circle of friends. That's why there are stalkers. They want to be included in the same group. They want to be considered as one of them. We can always try to be nice, until we become suspicious, then all we have to do is just click the button 'X'.

I don't need thousands of friends. I'm not in a competition where the number of friends on FB matters most. I'm there to keep in touch (although I suck at it) with friends and family, and probably make nice new friends. If you feel like deleting me after this, feel free to. I'm not going to stop you, again, I'm nobody famous. And I'm sorry if my post offended anyone, I mean ANYONE! I didn't mean to. I kinda feel like FB is getting boring. So, I tweet nowadays. It feels safer. So if you have twitter, add me : lynnrosland

Anyways, here's a South Park video, an episode on FB. I'm sure you're going to enjoy it. Like my sister said, they make FB seems so ridiculous. Remember guys, it can either help you (with keeping in touch with your loved ones) or destroy you. It's your pick. I guess that's all for tonight. Til then, toodles!~

Moi xx

Listening to : Just A Dream - Nelly

6 commentaires:

1michelbastos a dit…

tbh, i completely understand what ure conveying. well i have below 100 friends and still not at peace with the list! Cant even start adding schoolmates even. It will be over im sure very soon. Well at least for me. Its nt a place for mental ones like me :). Stay peaceful k moi!

GurL-FriDay a dit…

bro, i'm glad u do. i think it's a place where people try so hard to be someone else. sad, kan? not all of them la of course, but there are those kinds. point is, i don't understand why some people like to add the whole family up, even when they've never met them. isn't it creepy? i'll try to stay peaceful. haha. if only i can! i think i kinda commit a social suicide by writing this entry. ;p

farida tarmize a dit…

hahaha.u macam i je.setiap hari ada je orang nak buang.tapi ada jugak orang dok add.
padahal dah private habis2 dah.buat grup senang sket.bia tau kewujudan ntah siapa2 dlm frenlist

GurL-FriDay a dit…

tahu takpe! there was this woman, i dah dua tiga kali delete pun still add gax. ntah ape obses ntah. seb baik x block je. hahah.

Wani Razali a dit…

gile panjang entry kali ni...aku pun mengalami bnda yg same..rse mnyampah pun ade gak..bile dh approve mule la stat komen pic..klu komen bese2 xpe gak..ni yg menyakitkan ati..pastu padan muke die kne block trus..skang ni aku hnya accept org yg aku knal je..lebih senang..

p/s oh bab sedara mara tu yg paling penting utk di block dr wall & pic utk mngelakkan dr dikutuk..huhuhu...

GurL-FriDay a dit…

tu la yg aku malas tu. kalau comment baik² takpe. pastu add setakat nak stalk, dah delete, add lagi, delete lagi, add lagi. haha. block je senang.

tu la aku pun rasa wajib. kalau cousin aku tak kisah sgt. tapi pakcik makcik yg ala² semua nak kena tegur. haishh.