dimanche, novembre 21, 2010

Us Kids & Them Kids

I consider myself lucky. Do you know why? Because I had a great childhood. My childhood didn't consist of me staying in in front of the TV or computer. When I was growing up, internet wasn't as vital as it is now. Sekarang hidup tanpa internet, boleh? Budak sekolah rendah pun ada FB!

Bicycles were important back then. And friends. Playing outside was much more fun than staying inside. Although we did have internet and I did log onto the net every now and then, but still couldn't beat being outside with friends. Playtime was crucial.

Baling selipar, rounders, galah panjang, main getah, rollerblading or just cycling were fun, kan? Sampai kena kurung kat luar sebab terlepas curfew, then blamed each other because Abah tak bagi masuk rumah. Or got grounded for going to places we were not supposed to go to, semua sekali kena grounded by parents masing-masing.

Oh, how I miss the good old days.

I pity kids nowadays. I bet not even half of them enjoy being outside. Technology kinda ruins them, don't you think? Playstations, computer games, Nintendo, Xbox, Wii, handphones, etc. All of those things do not require them to be outside. Mak bapak sekarang tengok anak dekat luar suruh masuk rumah sebab panas and whatnot. Dulu ada Sega, I didn't own one, but my neighbour did. And we used to play Dragon Ball at his house, only when we ran out of things to do.

++I think it looks something like this++

source : google images


We even played at school. Especially when it's end of the year after exams. The easiest games to play were batu seremban and congkak. You can carry the small stones in your pocket. I went to an all-girls' school, hence the two most famous traditional childhood games. I don't know about them boys, though.

At least when I have kids later in life, I can tell them how exciting my childhood was. My parents told me theirs. Mandi sungai semua. I lived (still do) in a jungle of bricks where there was not even a sign of a small stream. But that didn't make it any less memorable. I'm sure you have your own stories too.

Aku ada, kau ada. Mereka? ADO?!

Moi xx

Listening to : -

8 commentaires:

C-I-K-I-N-T-O a dit…

terbayek..smua akak penah rasa. part kena kurung kt luar tu plg klakar..skrg klu kena kurung x menakutkan pun..lampu banyak kan ;)

Mell L. a dit…

True! They lost in their world of portable electronic games, while we lost in our jungle and boards of games. And my scarred forehead from falling from the bicycle will be the evidence of my adventurous childhood. hehe

@DdY a dit…

Hahaha..i love this entry! Nak copy paste in my blog bleh tak?

GurL-FriDay a dit…

kak shikin : yeap. sekarang budak nak keluar pun kena suruh. hehe.

ms pame : me too, i have a small scar on my forehead, jatuh masa main kejar² time balik sekolah. ;p

addy : hehe! sure! :)

Bukan Primadona a dit…

hi lyn!

i totally agree! budak2 sekarang mmg indoor, tak aktif, xadventure. and basikal? yeay! permainan wajib petang2. main dengan jiran2.. back then memang best. nowadays too virtual sampai tak tahu yang real.

GurL-FriDay a dit…

hi naz! a ah kids nowadays don't know how to differentiate between the real world and virtual one. sad, kan? we're lucky to have experienced different kinda childhood, a more exciting one. ;)

Unknown a dit…

hi lyana.. my son pon sama saja.. tak keluar pun.. x bg takut org amik.. so duduk kat rumah main ps and his toy .. and his new hobby tumbuk2 punching bag. pity him.. at 3 years old.. budak kat luar dah pandai kayuh basikal xde roda.. but haziq still pakai roda tmbhan..

GurL-FriDay a dit…

hi sis. yeah, kidnapping rate skrg ni buat parents takut nak tinggal anak kat luar. haziq is still young. he still has a lot to learn. don't worry. soon he'll be riding his bike without the extra wheels ;)