lundi, mai 23, 2011

An Eventful Week!

It's been such an eventful week! I know I haven't blogged much these days. I'm not home most days and blogging through iPhone can be such a pain in the butt. The only time I get to relax is Sunday, my only lazy day of the week.

Anyways, as I said earlier, it's been one memorable week! Tuesday, Yulia, my Russian classmate, finally legalized her union with Le BF. No, they didn't get married, but they registered their alliance at the town hall, which is more or less the same thing, but somewhat different, if you get what I mean. LOL. So, we held a little soirée for her on Thursday evening. We're so happy for her! Félicitations, Yulia et Thomas! Je vous souhaite tout le bonheur du monde!

++Marcella, Myriam and I++

++The happy couple ^__^++

++The rest of the clan++

And to finish the week off, Marcella officially said her shahadah yesterday evening. I was so moved by it. She told me a few months back that she wanted to convert. She was Orthodox, by the way. She's been reading about Islam for quite some time and she thought that's the best religion for her. I was surprised at first, didn't really know how to take it in, but gradually learnt how to accept and did my best to help her. True, I'm not a pious person. That's why they say life is a learning process. Before she said her shahadah, the Imam advised her on a lot of things. One advice that I really liked was about her name, her name means God of Mars in Latin. However, the Imam told her to keep her name as it's part of her past and now all she has to do is try to carve a new path. See, no fuss about her name. He also told her that she'll be facing a lot of challenges once she goes home to her family in Romania as it's a religious (Orthodox) country, thus she needs to adapt slowly, and try not to offend anyone especially her parents. She was also interviewed by a journalist yesterday, and boy, does she know how to defend Islam! Frankly speaking, if it were me, I don't think I'd be able to answer their questions like she did. Yes, I still have a lot to learn. Now I see the difference of being born into the religion and someone who just converted. I realized I've been taking things for granted, and that shall change soon, insyaAllah. It was really an eye-opener.

++Marcella and I before going to the mosque++

++Ikrame, Marcella and I++

++Officially saying her shahadah++

So here's a video of her saying her shahadah. It was longer actually but I had to cut the beginning off as it wouldn't upload on FB.


Mashaallah :))

This year I've been blessed to have such wonderful friends with very different culture. It definitely adds colours to my life. I still like my old friends, people changed, but the memories still remain. If I'm destined to go back for good this Summer, this is going to be the year I'll remember the most! I'm so grateful.

Moi xx


p/s : I was surprised that Yuna and Hana Tajima are well known amongst the young hijab wearers here in France and they labelled Malaysian hijab wearers as the best dressed! Oh yeah! Aren't you proud?

Listening to :-

5 commentaires:

C-I-K-I-N-T-O a dit…

Alhamdulillah. Seronoknya tengok Marcella ;)

Yuna & Hana Tajima? Fuyoooooo!

Cik Bee a dit…

wow! fesyen yuna famous sampai kat luar.. ayong, tumpang seronok for ur friend.. =D

GurL-FriDay a dit…

kak shikin : saya pun tumpang seronok untuk dia.

a ah surprising kan?

bihah : ayong pun sama. yeap sampai sini, dekat town kecik ni. hihi

Nadira R a dit…

Agree with u lynn..theres a lot of diff btwn one who born into a religion and one who searches for it..

interesting post..it got me thinking.thnx for sharing,,:)

GurL-FriDay a dit…

aqma : yeap, it really is different. utk diorg mcm epiphany, but kita tak rasa yang sama. no problem! :)