I didn't do anything much. I woke up at noon on Saturday, I took a long warm bath just to relax and ate lunch yesterday around 3 p.m. I haven't done this in a while. No phone calls to tend to, no classes, no exams, no rush. Just me time.
So, while I'm here, a friend has been kind enough to chauffeur me every where I go, just like a tourist. Thanks to my personal driver, I went to see the house we used to live in. It makes me miss my family even more! *sobs* I wish nothing changed. I mean if they were still here, I'd be a much happier person. I could go back home every weekend.
I met new people the two days I've been here. I went to their house the night I arrived. They're triplets, by the way. It's so weird! I mean, triplets as babies are super cute, right? But when they're grown up, it's even more fascinating! They're so different, despite how much they resemble one another. Anyways, I'm not going to talk about them, but their house. I loveeeee it! The house got character, I tell you! The swirling wooden staircase that creaks when we stepped on it. There are at least a rack of book at every floor. And the attic, it's full of books!!! Just like how I imagine my future house would be. It's full of old and new books! Also full of movie posters! There's a drum set, a piano and a few guitars laying around. One thing I like about the French houses is the clutters. It's so different from Malaysian houses. Their living room is full of colours, different things they bought from the different countries they've been to. It's not messy, but it's not neat either. It's like a beautiful mismatch of things. Compared to houses in Malaysia, it's almost the same everywhere we go, the furniture, the cleanliness, the vibe, not much difference. They lack character. Here in France, some don't even bother to tidy up their places even when they have company, they'd just say, "Je suis désolé, c'est un peu le bazar." And just put away some things. That's all. But I really love to have a house like theirs one day. Old old house. Full of books. Full of colours. Full of life! I am in love!
Anyhoo, here are some pictures I took yesterday. Cherbourg is a beautiful place. Small and really peaceful.Far from the hustle and bustle of a big city. My dad once said, he'd like to spend his old retiring days here later. I hope that will one day come true.




There is a lot more to France than Paris. I'm going to miss this place when I'm gone for good. Il faut que je profite le temps qu'il me reste. Bonne fin de week-end à tous!
Listening to : Telling The World - Taio Cruz
Aucun commentaire:
Enregistrer un commentaire