I am now in my 36th week of pregnancy. Since today is Friday, I have another 4 more days to go until the baby is considered term. My feelings? I am grateful, Alhamdulillah. I cannot be any happier than knowing that soon, I'll be holding a mini moi in my arms. No matter how nervous I am, I welcome the end of this journey with a big heart, considering I'll be welcoming a new person into this world.
So far into my pregnancy, I have been blessed with good health, that I am very, very thankful for. I never had to use pregnancy as an excuse not to do certain things. I never considered myself 'sarat', not yet. And I don't think I'd ever use that word to describe my condition. For me, being pregnant is a blessing to every woman, so it is just NOT right when some women use pregnancy as an excuse to get out of doing some things. It is as if you are treating pregnancy as a burden that is holding you down. Yes, there are limits to the things you can and cannot do. But if you're called for something that doesn't even require you to stand up, is the excuse still applicable?
Entah lah. Maybe I was brought up differently, Mama always tells me not to pamper myself too much and be independent. Yes, my feet are swollen, I wake up everyday to numb hands and stiff fingers, but I don't really complain about them. And if I lie on my back, I cannot get up without help, I pee every 30 minutes or so, and my back hurts like crazy at times. BUT, if that's what I have to go through to get my Lolita out into this world, I'm happy with it. It's what I'm getting in the end that counts.
After all, it is all about our mindset. Nak cakap banyak pun tak boleh, because every woman experiences different things when pregnant. People might say I'm lucky that I have my family close to me, but trust me, I hardly ever see them. My parents are always busy. Abah is hardly home. Mama pun sama. Waffy has school and he normally goes to bed early. And when The Hubs goes underwater, I usually have no one to talk to. I also do not have a kitten to play with. So, really, my life isn't always a bed of roses. I don't have it all. It's always me alone at home, with the steward, but I don't see him everyday either. So, I learned to depend on myself. I can't expect people to be at my feet all the time, kan? I learned to be happy on my own.
Besides, pregnancy is a GIFT to women. Stop whining. Look at the positive things. DON'T ever make it as an excuse not to do things. Husbands, you can pamper your wives, but don't overdo it that they become spoilt. Don't give excuses on their behalf. It's not gonna do them any good. Plus, TAK BAIK buat macam tu. Women should enjoy being pregnant, not treat pregnancy as a disease. Jangan lah complain dekat FB or other social network websites, itu macam orang tak bersyukur. Stop bagi alasan dah SARAT although you're only 6 months along. It will only last for 40 weeks, you'll miss carrying your little one in your tummy once the baby is out. Dalam erti kata lain, sila lah belajar BERSYUKUR dan berhenti mengeluh! Not everyone is as lucky as you are.
Ladies, be thankful, and make the most out of it. It will all be worth it in the end, insyaAllah.
Listening to : -

3 commentaires:
http://barelysupermommy.com/
A blog for you to learn about being a mother.
Pre, during, and post.
I'm not married yet, but love to read this blog or u already knew about this blog.. hehe
enjoy..
very inspiring mummy =).
@pecal taruh tempe : ohhh I read her blog as well. love it! she makes parenting sounds so easy. hihi
@iriena : just my honest opinion. we should all be thankful with what we've been blessed with, kan? tak baik merungut selalu.
Enregistrer un commentaire