lundi, mars 10, 2008

The Fish Don't Have Eyes

Mama : Kenapa awak buang mata ikan ni semua?
Moi : Because I've always wanted to see fishes without eyes. So I took 'em all out.

Later....

Abah : La kenapa ikan ni semua tak ada mata?
Mama : Ask your daughter.
Abah : Habis ikan-ikan ni dikerjakan dia.


So, did everyone vote? Who did you guys vote for? I didn't vote though. Because I didn't even register. But I think it's not a big deal right? Abah's phone received tons of texts from Uncle Jeff yesterday, updating him on the election. I received a few texts from Alip about it. The results was shocking I guess. So I heard, the people have spoken. This is one of the most interesting elections ever! Nobody expected things would turn out like this. I guess it must be fun voting this year! I'm not going to say anything much about it, because I don't think this is an appropriate topic to discuss. :D

I'm supposed to go back to Caen today but I think Abah is too tired to send me back and obviously I am not going to take the train tonight because it's pretty dangerous to be alone there at night. So I will probably go back early tomorrow morning by train and Abah or Mama will send my things later. One of my friends said that I'm spoilt. She said that I go home every weekend to see my family and my parents will do everything for me, which is not true. Am I really spoilt? I may be a bit spoilt, but je ne suis pas une enfante gatée. I do most of the things myself now. And the reason I go back every weekend is because I want to spend as much time as I can with my family before they have to go back to Malaysia. And I won't be coming back until early April after this. I have to go to Deauville for Festival du Film Asiatique 2008 next Saturday, I'll be staying in Caen the weekend after next because there will be Malaysian Games in Paris which I just can't be bothered to go to and I'm going to Amsterdam the weekend of my birthday. See, I won't be coming home for three weeks! :D That's long enough, right!

Erm, have you ever questioned about your own identity? We discussed this in class two weeks ago. What is identity? How do you define your identity? By your nationality or religion or society or tradition? I don't know. I questioned myself. What is my identity? Am I truly Malaysian or is it just on papers? My teacher said that when one resides in another country other than his own for some time, he will soon lose his original identity. Soon, it will just be papers. He will start to adapt to the new society and bit by bit, his routine will change, he, himself will become part of the new society. He no longer belong to his old country, he will become someone new. I don't really know how far this is true. When my friend learned that I am presque a nomad, she said that I am not Malaysian, but I am a world citizen. It's weird though.

Anyways, I guess I have to stop here. It's too long already and nobody is going to read it. :D I'll write again soon. Oh btw, wish me luck for tomorrow's tests. I haven't revised a single thing! I'm going to do it now. Be a good girl, Juliette! Toodles!~

p/s : 19 more days to go.

Listening to : Morning Train - Sheena Easton

3 commentaires:

Anonyme a dit…

ikan goreng ke ikan dlm aquarium?lynn..ur a psycho!haha

GurL-FriDay a dit…

didot, i was supposed to 'siang' all the fishes, then mcm teringin la plax nak tgk ikan tade mata, so i took all their eyes out. they were fried afterwards. haha i'm not a psycho lah. just curious. :D

superunknown a dit…

gosh. fish killer in the making. u popped their eyes wif ur bare hands eh moi? ure one cannibal lady. guys and gays beware. heh

election was exciting, even til today, few states still without MBs. even your home state. adding to the political 'tsunami', the sultans, for the first time i can remember defy pm's appointment of mb for their state of perlis and terengganu and went wif their own choice as provided actually in the respective state constitution but they never have the need to use it. well until now. drama all over the place and the pm's position is seriously being undermined.

well enuf of dat shit. yg penting u hot. dats all that matters.