samedi, juin 21, 2008

beautiful beginning, crappy ending?


The best part of a relationship is the beginning, when someone is trying to win your heart. That is the most wonderful part. All the sweet talks, honesty, names calling, everything. "I love your smile", "I’m going to miss you", "I can’t stop thinking about you", etc. Everyday is spent by calling or texting or chatting, "I called because I missed you", and the calls usually last for hours. There are morning calls, before bed calls and plenty of in between calls. "I wish I don’t have to go, I don’t want to leave you", "It’s not easy to forget you", "Oh, I could just look at you all day long!", so that’s what they all said at the beginning.There’s no excuse for anything and no one else comes between.

As the relationship grows older, things begin to change. The guy hardly goes online anymore. He rather spends time with his friends than chatting with the girlfriend. The calls are much shorter. Or he doesn’t call anymore. Texting? You’ve got to be kidding me! There’s no such word as ‘texting’ in his vocabulary. Lies are frequently told. He snaps easily. Everything is not right anymore. There’s always an excuse for everything, for every single thing. Okay, not just the guy, the girlfriend too. Either way, one party would always be the bad guy. Now, don’t we all wish that everyday of the relationship is the beginning? Because the beginning of something new is always beautiful, always full of love. When it gets older, people get bored and things become unpleasant. Of course frequent calls do not guarantee a long lasting relationship, but the communication does, two way communication, mind you, not just one way. Frequent talks lead to bonding. Bonding is important because it signifies that you understand each other. And cheating and lying are never okay, never ever. It’s a no no. Especially if you’re lying about a girl or a guy. Sooner or later you’ll get caught. And don’t try to play safe because it’s never going to work. It’s either you give it your all, or give up. Cheating is a violation of trust. It’s not easy to gain somebody else’s trust back once you lose it.

A relationship is a hard work. It’s not as easy as you might think it is. It needs to be cherished and nourished. Being in one is about sharing and caring and of course, being honest and loyal. You don’t want to stay in a relationship out of habit because that sucks. So, if you want to be in one, make sure you’re ready for a commitment. It’d be a great adventure if your heart is really in it, but it’d be hell if you take things lightly. To make a relationship work, you have to cultivate it because if you're willing to make it work, it will turn out as you wish it would, and everyone will get the happy-endings that they deserve. Do not toy with people’s emotions because what goes around comes around, it will definitely get you back later in life.
Juliette xx

Listening to : Always Be My Baby - David Cook

1 commentaire:

superunknown a dit…

your closing words sums it up pretty well about all this. it kept me from being typical and diabolical to people n most crucially myself.