lundi, septembre 22, 2008

i'm amazing, i know =)

I can't believe that my holidays are almost over! I'm going back to Caen tomorrow morning, but class doesn't start immediately. I have to go back and settle a few things; my schedule, my rent, groceries shopping (oh yes, I'm so going to cook!), my carte de séjour, etc. I hope I'll be able to do those stuffs within this week because once class has started, I won't have much time. Anyways, I'm glad that class is going to start soon, it will keep me occupied for the time being, and I'll have new friends to make up for the old ones. Geez, I miss Jessica at times like this. Who's going to go shopping, party, sleep, travel, cook with me, do my make-up for me, talk to me and pass me notes in class, and everything else? *sigh* I wish she'd just come back this semester. Haih. Ce n'est pas grave. Je vais rencontrer quelqu'un d'autre.

Oh, have I told you that I'll be celebrating my Raya alone? Yeah, my first Raya alone. Why? Because I have class on Raya day and since my parents are going to Spain the following weekend for the launching of the second submarine, there's no point of going back home. Sheesh. Now I know what Angah feels every Raya. But she's so lucky though. She's going to Singapore this Raya. I wish I could tag along. This Raya is supposed to be our last Raya in France. In case you haven't heard, my parents are going back to Malaysia for good early next year. But, I won't be going back with them, well, not just me, Ieqa and Raffy will also be staying here, um, until they finish their a-levels. And as for me, I still have a few more years in France, until I finish my degree, well, probably masters. I don't know yet because right now I'm hesitating between France and Belgium. But that's not really important here. So for now, it shall be ignored. Well, until I've decided whether or not to continue my masters.

Okay, let's move on, shall we? Alright. Guess what?! I baked Raya biscuits today. I was so determined to make Pineapple Tarts (tart nenas) that Mama made me do the whole thing, the jam and the dough. The jam was okay, but when it comes to the dough, it was very grainy or soft or something, I don't know. It was really difficult to shape them that Mama had to invent her own. She said that we have to be creative when it comes to baking. Yeah, right. Anyways, just when I thought nothing could go wrong anymore, wait till you hear about how they turned out! We shaped the tarts like real pineapples, and put cloves as its' pointed leaves and then put it in the oven. After a few minutes (or was it half an hour, I don't remember), Mama asked me to take them out of the oven. As I took them out, it came to my horror that the neatly shaped pineapples turned out to be flat! All of them! It was heartbreaking, but I didn't cry though. I broke into a hysterical laugh! Mama did too. We didn't know what went wrong. It was extremely funny. I laughed so hard that I actually rolled on the floor laughing. That's it. I'm never making pineapple tarts again, ever, not as long as I live. Luckily the other two biscuits turned out good. I better stick to baking cakes rather than biscuits or cookies. Thank God my parents are going back to Malaysia real soon. Next Raya, instead of making them, we can just buy the biscuits. Despite their looks, the tarts taste real good. Even Waffy said so. And that made me proud. ;-) See, simple things make me happy.

Okay, I think that's enough for tonight. I'm not going to be able to go online for quite some time, at least until I get my own internet connection at Caen, which is going to be as soon as possible. Until then, I just have to live without it. So, there won't be much updates. I'll see you when I see you! =) Et, à tous les musulmans, bonne fin de ramadan!

Juliette xx

p/s : I love Jerry Maguire! Love it love it love it!

Listening to : Everything - Alanis Morissette

4 commentaires:

superunknown a dit…

i know u are amazing and i cant believe your holidays are over that soon. i dont buy your notion as well that your tarts turned into some leper thwart. i know ure being modest.

so for all the reasons above, i think i have to tie your leg to this huge chunk of tree so that u cant leave for caen. we all love having u around my dear. sorry

Anonyme a dit…

oh pineapple tart. yummy.

sorry to hear that you are going to celebrate eid alone this year.

early wish for you.

selamat hari raya
maaf zahir batin
:)

I ♥ British Accent a dit…

lol..tart nenas xjd?seriously,i tgk the recipe pn i xjd nk wat..

cian u kne raye sorg2..=( xlh imagine sey.

Anonyme a dit…

hahaha
a day to remember.
XD
ayong buat tart nenas yg cun.XD
eiffel tower aku, x smpat nak mkn.
hahaha



[iK]