samedi, janvier 17, 2009

a good start

2009 has been a good start for me. Everything went smoothly so far. I've started working. I'm doing pretty well in my studies. There are no dramas up until today. And, the best part is, I have even been offered another job! Can you imagine with the recession going on and companies are cutting off their employees, I got offered another job? LOL. Not that I got offered a job by a company, but nevertheless, I am very grateful. I talked to Teacup about it, because at first I didn't know whether or not I should take it and if I should tell my parents about it because I was afraid that they might not agree should it affect my priorities (wow, that's a lot of 'should' in one sentence!). He encouraged me to talk to my parents and I did. I told Mama first before Abah. Mama said I can only do it if I have extra time in hand, if not, then I better not. Abah said the same thing but he congratulated me and it made me very happy. It's quite hard to get Abah's approval nowadays, especially with what had happened last year.

Now you're wondering how did I land on a job so easily, right? I don't even know, actually. Yesterday morning, my Mandarin lecturer called me to her desk, I thought I did something wrong. I was so nervous. It turned out that a friend of hers was looking for someone who can converse in English with her kids and straight away she recommended yours truly! She wanted to know if I were interested. She took my number to give it to her friend. I was surprised because I never spoke English in front of her, how did she know that I actually can? I wasn't really looking forward to a call because I thought she might find someone from a real English speaking country. But, earlier this evening, I got a call from the lady, her name is Agnès. She gave me the details about her kids and her address. She asked me to go to her house tomorrow morning because she wants to show me around the house and meet her family, so that I won't feel awkward when the time comes to teach her children. Now, I'm really looking forward to start working. Sometimes, I think it's okay to put your hopes up high, it's like boosting your confidence. And if you're lucky enough, you'll get what you're hoping for. =)

I never knew that teaching could be fun. You just have to be cool and know how to make learning fun to get the students to like you, but also know how to limit it for the students to respect you. I am grateful that up until now, I never had trouble with any of my students. They respect me as their teacher and also trust me enough to confide in me. To cut a long story short, I love my job (or should I say jobs?), I love teaching. =)

Juliette xx

Listening to : Circus - Britney Spears

9 commentaires:

Papasan Carwash a dit…

glad to hear dat u r happy babe..congratz for the job! all the best ya..

il y a a dit…

well done, son!

Unknown a dit…

wow lynn! hehe best nyer! i wish dpt keje mcm tu. hehe. so u teach them la yer? how old are they? teringat cerita nanny's diary yang scarlett johanson blakon tu. hehe. except that she's a nanny la. but handling kids can be fun!

superunknown a dit…

great teacher liyana.

i wish i can transform at will into some kid and sit on the first row in one of your classes. :)

Anonyme a dit…

yeah. i admit that.
teaching is very interesting.
but marking all the papers after exam is another thing. haha.

so have you found your pet student, institutrice?

kiyuu a dit…

hoho..
i wanna be ur student! :D can ah?

Anonyme a dit…

waaahh....
seronoknye lynn!!!
jadi teacher yg baik OK...
;p

GurL-FriDay a dit…

ieda : thanks!

ilya : thank you, poulet.

adwina : exactly like what i imagined at first! mcm nanny diaries. haha. so now, i'm their english tutor. they're twins, btw. the first twins aged 13 and the second pair, 11.

wan : pls don't sit on the first row, i'd be very nervous. =P

shahril : well, the good thing is, i won't be marking papers cuz i'm not their permanent teacher, i'm just working part time. yeah, i found a few students that i like. :D

qayyum : no lah. cannot. haha. can't teach those i already know.

irma : i will! well, i'm trying to. :D

e.i.n.e. a dit…

hey there liyana. be my french teacher plish! hehe. catching up on u after a very LONG time. toodles.