samedi, janvier 10, 2009

Sugar, spice and everything nice! or, NOT!

I'm sorry for the lack of updates. Been pretty busy with classes, sales and gym. LOL. Anyways, I've started working last Monday. It feels great to be able to teach again although the only thing I did this week was introducing myself to the students. I'm supposed to be working seven hours a week but right now I only manage to do five because one of the classes I was supposed to teach clashes with my lecture. I cannot skip my lecture because it's grammar and it's pretty important no matter how much I hate it. Thank God that this semester is almost over and the new one will begin soon and hopefully I can move some classes around so that I'd be able to do the seven hours I'm supposed to be doing. First week was fun. I got to know my students eventhough I can't remember all their names yet, but they seemed to be cooperative. As usual, they asked me lots of questions and they were assigned to write a short essay about me. Who? MOI! Yeah, I sound so vain, I know. Well, it wasn't me who asked them to write the essay, it was their English teacher. Some of the students have already handed in theirs so I got to read them this morning and had a good laugh about them. One of them wrote : 'She has many friends, English and French, but she has no boyfriend!' Yes, you've seen it right, with an exclamation mark! OMG. That sounds so pathetic. Yes, during the whole introduction thingy, one of the famous questions asked, apart from 'Where are you from?', is 'Do you have a boyfriend?' It's actually none of their business, right? But, I couldn't say that to them because I'm there to help them improve their spoken English, not to shut them up. So, I kind of had to answer all their questions honestly, afraid that if I told them that I had one, they'd ask me questions about the non-existing boyfriend of mine. LOL. But that's not all, some of them wrote 'She is very nice.' and that flattered me. I'm nice, yeah, you know I am! *grins*

So, what else have I been up to? Urm, let's see... Oh, I finally bought the sneakers that I'd been wanting for quite some time. I got them at 30% less than the actual price, definitely worth the wait! I shopped a lot this couple of months. Probably way too much! *sigh* What can I do? I'm just a normal girl who loves shopping, perhaps a little too much. :D

I think everyone has been bitten by the love, or more precisely, wedding bug. I received a message on Facebook, from Virginia a few days ago, saying that she and her long-time boyfriend, David is going to tie the knot in June. I met David a couple of times when Virginia was still in Caen and he came to visit from Germany. They're this really cute goofy couple who like teasing people. I'm so glad that they're finally going to have their happy ending, which is also a new beginning. And, Jocelyn has recently gotten engaged, last November, to her boyfriend of a few years, Geoff, whom I met during Jocelyn's stay in Caen last semester. He flew all the way from the US to see her. How sweet. LOL. Oh, Audi sent me a message too, which starts with 'Pingu tenkiu!!!=)', thanking me for helping him choosing a song to play at his wedding reception the other day. He took my advice and played the song I suggested for the reception. Now, he wants me to go back ASAP to introduce me to his wife, Amy. I obviously can't, but nevertheless, I'm glad I could help. =) See, I am nice after all. :D

Anyways, I only have about six more weeks left with my parents and Waffy. I'm so going to miss them when they go back to Malaysia for good. Mama is probably coming back here in April to watch on Ieqa, Raffy and Emirul, but I don't know about Abah. I hope he'll come back here from time to time. Now, it's Angah's turn to have them around all the time. Sedih nya saya. =( I don't think I'm ready to be separated from my parents yet, even with all my boarding schools training because my parents used to come and visit me at least once every two weeks, except when they went to Haj in 2001 and when they first moved here in 2003. But if they go back to Malaysia, it'll be at least a year before I can see them again. So, I guess I'm going to be feeling a little melancholic for the next six weeks. Please bear with me. Before I go further into crapping, please let me excuse myself so that you don't have to read any more of my pointless crap. Until then, toodles!~

Juliette xx

Listening to : Thinking About You - Radiohead

9 commentaires:

Anonyme a dit…

cekgu!
i pun dah kerja
part time job.
bestkan?
at least we achieve something.
gym?
i pulak jog!

Unknown a dit…

ur students are so cute and funny =)
eh take a picture of them can hah?
u got that right about ppl getting bitten by the love bug, so many ppl are getting married man.

Le pouvoir des trois a dit…

Don't worry Ayong,
U'll do fine.
Plus, Mama will be going back there and maybe I'll be following her. Ngeee. =D
Ouh hey, a month left till MY BIRTHDAY!
Can u believe it?
Am turning 21!
Am missing u alot here.
*hugs+kisses*
-angah-

Anonyme a dit…

woah.
cikgu now eh?

and your students are really funny
'She has many friends, English and French, but she has no boyfriend!'
kyahaha

Anonyme a dit…

wah...
seronoknye jadi cikgu!!
ur students kelakar lah..
so, bile lagi lynn...
kene ada BF cepat2 nih...
nanti tersangkut dengan student u pulak kang....
LOL..

superunknown a dit…

d day dah dekat eh. but i know you would be fine. you probably underestimating how much you matured and can survive on your own right now. and its not for too long right.

bila nak upload video shuffle lagi teacher?

Anonyme a dit…

oh how i wish i could find time to go to the gym. been hectically busy lately. sigh.

GurL-FriDay a dit…

yan : yeap, the satisfaction of achieving some things. bon courage, yan! :D

jess : yes, they really are. they even talked about wrestling with me. i feel like talking to my youngest brother. lol. pictures? will do soon. =)

angah : i know u're turning 21 very soon. i'm busy hunting presents for u cuz i know that we don't turn 21 every year.

shahril : part time je. i know! it makes me sound very pathetic. hukhuk.

irma : bf? haha. tak nak lah ada skrg. nnt la insyaAllah. =P tak boleh sangkut ngan students sbb dlm contract tulis takley ada affair dgn mereka. LOL. plus, they're too young for me lah. =P

wan : hopefully i'll be fine when the day come. if i'm not, then u'll be my victim lah kan? =P video shuffle? rasanya takde kot this year. probably something else plax. :D

bee : u don't need to go to gym lah. very kurus already! =P

. a dit…

your students are damn real cute hehehehe. seronok jadi cikgu?
afiz dekat sini tak dpt peluang untuk bekerja pun :(