dimanche, janvier 04, 2009

tagged by wan, as promised

7 facts you may not know about me.
7 things that scares me.
7 songs that I like the most.
7 phrases that I say the most.
7 of my precious things.
7 memorable first timers.
7 people I would tag.


So here it goes.

7 FACTS THAT YOU MAY NOT KNOW ABOUT ME.

1. I speak English with an American accent and I have the TV to blame for it. Whenever someone first speaks to me, they'd all ask the same question "Have you been to America?" and it's starting to annoy me because I've never been to The States. Nevertheless, it's one of the places I want to visit in the future.

2. I like durian and food that has to do with durian, like gulai tempoyak and durian ice cream, especially eaten with bread. The only stuffs I don't eat with durian in them are lempuk durian and dodol durian. I also like budu and tapai. And yes, I'm not ashamed to admit that I do eat all the smelly stuffs.

3. I was rebellious eventhough I wasn't as rebellious as my brother. I did some things that I'm not very proud of and I regret doing them. I'm trying to make up for all the things I've done to my parents, those that made them not very proud of having me as their daughter.

4. One of the reasons I excelled in my studies was because my dad threatened to send me to sekolah pondok if I didn't get straight A's for my UPSR and PMR. That scared the hell out of me. Yeah, my dad was very strict with me back then.

5. I'm a caffeine addict. I can drink up to four or five cups of coffee a day and I can still sleep at night. Coffee doesn't have any effect on me anymore.

6. I always forget to eat when I'm busy shopping. Usually I do not feel hungry until I reach home. But, breakfast is a must because it's the most important meal of the day and I need the energy to get through the day.

7. I hate grammar. Sometimes I even wonder why am I doing language when grammar isn't my forte. There's so much to learn when you know that most of the time you won't even be using it, especially in French.

7 THINGS THAT SCARES ME.

1. Heights. I'm so scared of heights. I remember taking a ride on Eye On Malaysia, it stopped when we're on top and the cabin started to wobble, I felt like crying there and then. It was embarassing. But the weird thing is, I can do roller coasters. They don't scare me as much as Ferris wheel does.

2. Failure. I hate failing and I'm scared of being a failure. I'm afraid that it will ruin my future. I'm terrified of not being successful.

3. Death. Especially the death of my loved ones. I don't think I could cope with it. I don't even want to imagine how it'd be. I hope I'll never have to deal with it. *crossing fingers*

4. Terminal illness. Yes, I have such weird imagination.

5. Loneliness. I'm scared to death of losing my loved ones. I hope they'll live as long as I am alive for I'm very afraid of being lonely without them.

6. Darkness. I cannot sleep in the dark. My heart also beats faster in the dark. Afraid that it will explode if I sleep in the dark.

7. Future. I've no idea how my future is going to be although I have plans for it. What if it doesn't go according to my plans? I don't even know if I'd survive. Hopefully the future has everything nice in store for me. =)

7 SONGS THAT I LIKE THE MOST.

In no particular order.

1. Everything - Michael Bublé.
2. Miss You Love - Silverchair.
3. Girl Friday - Butterfingers.
4. Strong - Jordyn Taylor.
5. Masih - Flop Poppy.
6. You Mean Everything To Me - Neil Sedaka.
7. I'll Be - Edwin McCain.

7 PHRASES THAT I SAY THE MOST.

1. Salam.
2. Salut.
3. Ca va?
4. Pergi mati, please?
5. Macam bodoh.
6. Blah la.
7. Mengong.

7 OF MY PRECIOUS THINGS.

1. Does family qualify as things? <--- Sama dengan Wan.
2. My huge collection of books.
3. My baby blanket.
4. My close friends.
5. My bags and shoes. =P
6. My laptops.
7. My make-ups. (Although I don't wear them often, I do not like anyone touching them).

7 MEMORABLE FIRST TIMERS.

1. My first stage performance with the school orchestra (Orkestra Muda Bainun) was in 1999. I was thirteen and we were the lucky ones to perform at Istana Budaya for Konsert Kementerian Pendidikan three nights in a row, with our late Sultan Selangor, Almarhum Sultan Salahuddin Abdul Aziz Shah Al-Haj as the guest of honour.

2. Being in the Orkestra Muda Bainun, I also experienced my first time performing in the largest group of students ever performed in Malaysia. It even made it into the Malaysian Book of Records 2001 if I'm not mistaken. (Picture courtesy to Dla)

3. I went to England in 1995 and lived there for about a year. That's the first time I went out of the country. But, I started being a nomad since I was two. The longest time I've ever stayed in one place was five years, Sitiawan, Perak. Even now, I am still counting because it has been almost five years that I am in France compared to my family who has been here for almost six years, and I still have at least two more years to go if I decided to continue my masters or working elsewhere.

4. The first time I fell and hurt myself very badly was when I was seven. I fell down while trying to chase a friend on the way back home from school. My head kinda hit the ground and bled horribly. I remember having my pinafore drenched in sticky red blood. I also remember there was this one pakcik (I fell down behind his house and he was hanging his clothes on the line) telling me to get up and stop crying because according to him, 'Sakit sikit je. Kan dah besar.' Dalam hati memang dah sumpah seranah pakcik tu sebab tengah sakit gila. Luckily, a neighbour saw me and came to pick me up and brought me home, and that had to be my lucky day because my parents were around. I cannot forget the look on Mama's face when she said 'Ya Allah anak aku!' Macam drama Melayu. My parents cleaned the cut and brought me to the clinic right away. It wasn't a big cut, it was just a small hole, but it was deep, which explained why I was bleeding so much. I didn't get any stitches. But the doctor did an X-Ray just to make sure that nothing got stuck in my head.

5. I've never been hospitalized so I never actually experienced sleeping in a hospital as a patient. However, I did sleep in a hospital once, that was my first time. It was my turn to accompany my late Aunty, she was diagnosed with a brain tumor and it was already at a critical stage when we got there. She couldn't speak that much. It was in 2004 and it was in London. My late Aunty did not have any children, so there was nobody to take care of her except for her friends. She lived in England for more than forty years. The night at the hospital wasn't as scary as I used to imagine it to be, but it was pretty sad. She woke up every now and then, saying 'Sakit, sakit.' I was sad because I couldn't do anything to take her pain away. She passed away early 2005.

6. I've been in love several times and the first time that I had really fallen in love was when I was 16 with you-know-who. It took me almost six years to realize he wasn't the one for me. What sadden me the most is, we were bonded because of the daily fights we used to have. When it's all over, I was proud of myself that I managed to drag myself out of that unhealthy relationship although it wasn't, what I would call, a friendly break-up. It's one of my biggest achievements so far.

7. I was unsure of what I wanted to do in the future. I wanted to be so many things. I even thought of doing medicine. Law was also on the list. But surely fate had other plans for me. The first time I realized that I have a passion for languages was in 2004. When I started to learn French. I started reflecting on my past, I did Arabic for two years and I did quite well, and I always seemed to excel in language subjects. So, I thought to myself, why not majoring in language since I like learning new languages? And voilà, here I am!

7 PEOPLE I WOULD TAG.
1. Adwina
2. Irma
3. Jess
4. Ieda
5. Aqma
6. Bee
7. -

Juliette xx

Listening to : La Camisa Negra - Juanes

6 commentaires:

myownstoryasitis a dit…

welcome to the 'i'm scare of heights family' =)
and ooo next time you're back here we go hunt for fried durian, is really nice =)

superunknown a dit…

one word moi. salut!

Anonyme a dit…

=) kan da ckp one day kan komen yana gak..hahahaha..

kiyuu a dit…

sorry to hear dat ur untie passed away. Smoga rohnye dicucuri rahmat dr Allah.. :|

Anonyme a dit…

dear, i've been tagged! tehee. thanks, but will do it later, i promise :)

afiqah a dit…

wei! guess what?
I think I'm addicted to caffeine too. =S
j'ai essayé de boire du café (2 full tasse d'expresso) un lundi matin, et j'ai la peche pdt tte la journée! alors, il me faut du café ts les matins! hahaha

(j'ai envie de te dire un truc là; mais je crois que..ça se fait pas parce que c'est un de tes copains! mwahahaha)