vendredi, août 21, 2009

Of Condolences and Congratulations

As dawn broke last Friday morning, my family was getting ready in a hurry, grabbed anything we could think of, got in the car and drove off to Perak. The reason? My grandfather passed away during Subuh. It was almost unthinkable. Abah just talked to him two days ago and he was doing just fine. Story being told, he collapsed while reciting Yassin on Thursday night and had to be brought to Kampar Hospital as that's the nearest to his place. His condition deteriorated and they decided that he had to be transferred to Ipoh Hospital. They did so and his condition improved. However, during azan Subuh that particular Friday morning, death came and kissed his life away. That sad, sad morning. Nobody said anything in the car. Abah cried the whole way back to Perak. We still haven't seen enough of him and now he's gone. Luckily, we're all in Malaysia now. At least we could see his face for the last time. Ieqa felt very guilty for not having the chance to visit him since she got back. Actually, my parents and Raffy just came back from Lumut Thursday night but they didn't stopped by at arwah Atok's house as Abah wanted to pick him up that Friday to bring him back to KL. He even told Abah to pick him up after Friday prayer. I guess his promise with God came a little earlier, that all the other things he planned had to be canceled. Waffy, who's staying at Uncle Jeff's house was rushed to Perak by Abah's driver, so he arrived a bit late, but still not that late to miss the funeral. I never went to a funeral before. So, this was kind of my first time. I assisted until burial. Unfortunately, I had to go back that evening with Mama, Angah and Ieqa because we still had so many things to do. I felt quite guilty for leaving, but I had to. And today, we're trying to talk my grandmother into living with us, or at least with someone else because everybody thinks that she shouldn't be living alone as she's not that healthy anymore. Hopefully she'll agree to that.

Then, came Saturday. Saturday, Saturday, Saturday. Guess what happened on Saturday? Remember the thing I was talking about in my last post but I figured out nobody understood? Save the best for last? Aha. Yeah, that thing. Well, I got engaged! Nobody thought I would, at least not this soon. But I did. Je me suis fiancée! I still can't believe I did. I was so nervous on the dais. My palm was sweaty, Sha held my hand. And withing 10 minutes, it was over. And I'm engaged! So yeah, now I have a fiancé, who, according to schedule shall arrive in two weeks time. ;]

++Officially Engaged++

Before that, we had already changed our Facebook relationship status to 'Engaged to' and it created a havoc. Everyone thought I was engaged and congratulated me. Ah well, I finally did, didn't I?

++Comments++

So, you see, last weekend, although memorable, had been pretty chaotic. One hell of a weekend I'd remember all my life. Anyways, got to shower. I have a lunch date with Liyana Rahman, whose fiancé is also called Nas and lives in Shah Alam as well. What a coincidence, eh? Okie dokie! Gotta run! See ya!

Juliette xx

p/s : Selamat Menyambut Ramadhan! ;]

Listening to : You Say Aku - Cinta Laura

9 commentaires:

anisizatyA.J a dit…

u pergi jumpa liyana? eheh kirim salam kat dia :)

Cik Bee a dit…

ayong!!! mana gambar yg lelain.....
tahniah yerk! =D

GurL-FriDay a dit…

anis : a ah. tapi got ur comment lmbt plax. huhu.

biha : thanks! hehe. gambar lain kat facebook. kalau biha ada fb, add ayong, nnt ayong invite tgk album. ;]

Adwina a dit…

lynn!! tak invite ad tgk album pn kt fb!! i was waiting for the album to come out! hehe anyway sorry for being sooo late!! last week busy ngn convo but certainly i saw your pwetty profile pic kt fb! u look so happy! hehe..invite ad!!

Anonyme a dit…

sorry to hear about your grandfather. and what? you are engaged? although that was a shocking news, but congratulation!

Anonyme a dit…

takziah about ur grandpa..
moga arwah ditempatkan di kalangan org2 yg beriman...
and congrats lynn!!!
ada gmbar lagi ke kat FB?
nak tgk!!
=P

GurL-FriDay a dit…

ad : dah invite dah. thanks, babe. i love your hair during your graduation. cantik!

shahril : thanks! ;]

irma : thank you! ada. dah tengok, kan? ;p

farida tarmize a dit…

erkkk~
lame nye xbace ur blog..tb2 u da engage?
i rse da tua
~waaaaa

GurL-FriDay a dit…

freeda : a ah i'm engaged. tua? haha. terasa gax la. ;p