lundi, août 16, 2010

Early Morning Ramblings

It's past 1 a.m. and I can't sleep. Got things on my mind, obviously. Remember last year's post? A lot of things happened this weekend last year. Arwah Atok passed away on August 14th 2009, and I got engaged the day after. It's been a year already. It feels like yesterday. I still can't believe that Atok is not here with us anymore. His absence is truly felt. And definitely not only by me. Raya wasn't and is not going to be the same without him. I wish he didn't have to go. We were going to celebrate our first Raya in Malaysia with him. But Allah had other plan for him and the rest of us. He left, and as for us, life goes on. Moi? I was engaged, then I got married, Alhamdullilah. Although he wasn't there on my big day, I'm sure he's up there, somewhere, watching, wishing me his best. Al-Fatihah.

Anyways, I made my first gulai tempoyak ever for break fast. Mentor was Hubster, of course. He told me what to do. It turned out okay, but a tad too sweet. Didn't know how to estimate things since I couldn't really taste it as I was fasting and nobody else in the house could. This is what living in a house with three men is like, make that two because Hubster is on duty. First attempt, would say it's okay, will try to improve the second time. HAHARIGHT! :)

In less than three weeks, I'll be on my flight back to France. I wish I could stay here longer. I hate Summer holiday because I know at the end of it, I'll have to leave and that pretty much sucks. But I am, somehow, grateful that school year will finish earlier than previous ones. I'm still here and I'm already looking forward to the end of school year. What a lazy ass! But hey, like the French always say, 'Vivement les vacances!!!'

Watched The Expendables with the Hubs last night. It was good for a violent movie. All these killing, bombing, shooting, slashing, etc is not really my cup of tea. But the Hubs enjoyed it, so I guess it was good for him. As long as he likes it :)

Abah's lappy's battery is dying out on me. I'm going to try to sleep for at least an hour before waking up for sahur. Morning, peeps! Traaaa~

Moi xx

p/s : I hate Seram advert on TV3! At 2 in the morning? WTFish?!

Listening to : Two Weeks In Hawaii - Hellogoodbye

Aucun commentaire: