jeudi, novembre 25, 2010

Here Come The Jitterbugs

Yesterday, I made LDM sound kinda bad, didn't I? But hey, don't get me wrong, there are perks of being in one. We may be far apart, but we are always close at heart. HAHACHEESYMUCH? Anyways, that's not the point.

Perks, yes perks. There are.

I only get to see my husband every three or four months, and for only two weeks. The longest I've been with him is two months. So, where's the blessing in that, huh?

By the way, my dad always says it's the quality of time we spend with each other, not the quantity of time, that's why he didn't hesitate to send us all to boarding schools. Lari tajuk.

Back to the topic.

I count days to see him. Minutes. Seconds, maybe. I get butterflies in my tummy as the day I get to lay eyes on him again approaches. I get excited. Even nervous. It always feels like the first time. *♫ Like a virgin, touched for the very first time, like a vir-er-er-er-giiiin ♫* EH TAK. Always. Never fails to give me the heebie-jeebies.

Even the Hubster knows this. He knows I'm nervous. He knows I won't be able to look him in the eye when the day comes. He knows I'm going to be all weird. Awkward, but in a good way.

This long-distance thingy makes me feel as if we were still a couple, an unwedded one at that. As if we were still in that dating phase. All shy and self-concious. Constantly wanting to look good for one another, always trying to be perfect.

For me, this is a good thing. I never want us to get too comfortable with each other to the extent that we no longer pay any attention to our appearance or behaviour, and just stick together out of habit. I hope that we will always feel this way, because I think this is how two people who are in love should feel like. And that's what I want us to be, in love, eternally.

So, today marks our eleventh month together and in less than 30 days, I'll be seeing the Hubster. Just the thought of that gives me the jitters. Yes, I am lovesick. And I intend to stay this way forever.

++Happy 11th Monthsary, Chéri!++

Not all married couples feel the same, I am sure. Sometimes it takes a big gesture to revive that feeling, the feeling when you first fell in love. But if you still do after all these years being married to each other, you're one of the lucky ones to still taste the sweetness of being in love and you should be grateful!

As for me and the Hubster, we still have a loooooooooong way to go. Even so, my wish is that we will always be in love and may this feeling never cease! Je t'aime!

Moi xx

p/s : To my sister, Ieqa, have a VERY Happy Birthday for a VERY 'special' girl! Teenager no more, sistah! Love you lots and lots like jelly tots!

Listening to : Give A Little More - Maroon 5

4 commentaires:

Wani Razali a dit…

hahaha..sweet la korang ni..klaka jek..msti rindu-rinduan kan jauh2 ni..kalau aku kat tmpat ko,aku xtau la aku leh tahan ke x..kire ko terer la..ape2 pun diam x diam nak dekat setaun dah korang kawin..rsenye cam bulan lepas je aku gi wed recep korang...semoga berkekalan hingga ke akhirnya...amin...

Sunshine a dit…

aww..congrats sayang...by the time u got home..it'll be ur 1st year anniversary..ehem..so start planning for mini u or mini hubster cepat2 la ckit ;p
im so jealous!atleast u get to c him evry couple of months..mine's 9months!! if im preggy i wud've gave birth! lol

Unknown a dit…

waa.. syok nye nak balik ye.. tak pernah rasa LDM.. tapi as navy's wife kene tinggal itu biasa.. jumpa sekali sekala pun syok.. at least ada time untuk diri sendiri time hubby takde..

GurL-FriDay a dit…

wani : aku pun xtaw camne leh tahan. sebab tu aku rasa cam still couple je. tapela, at least aku happy. thanks, insyaAllah. amin. hihi

miss sunshine : thank you! haha. tu la sebab i balik because it's going to be our first anniversary soon, kalau tak, tunggu la july next year baru balik. haha takpe, nanti dia dah habis study nanti, you won't have to wait for 9 months anymore! in the mean time, sabar ok!

sis farzlyna : betul tu. saya yg tinggal husband saya, bukan dia yg tinggal saya. hehe kitorang terbalik. but either way, it's good cuz sometimes we do need space for ourselves :)