lundi, janvier 17, 2011

New Year, New Adventure!

Hello? Hello? Hellllooooooo?! Is anybody there? Oh my! It's been such a looooong time! From 2010 to 2011, hope it's not too late to wish you guys Happy New Year! May you all have a prosperous year ahead!

Anyways, these past weeks have been really hectic. The accidental stopover in New Delhi (yes, I'm talking about India), losing my luggage and finally, exam week, everything happened almost at the same time. It's been three crazy weeks! No kidding!

And I just realized I haven't written any entry for 2011. So, I guess this is my first for this year. And I'm gonna start with the first day of 2011.

As you already knew, I was in Malaysia for my year end holiday. Thus, my new year was spent in KL. Didn't do anything much on new year's eve, though, because Hubs and I just got back from KK, so the eve was spent Chez Rosland in KL. The next day, the Girl Power and I, took a road trip to Manjung, for a fellow Girl Power's wedding. If you're wondering who are these Girl Power, they're my classmates when I was in Convent. Four of us, Adwina, Emma, Za'in and I went back to Perak for Amy's wedding. We had a really great time! Gossiping, eating laksa, meeting other classmates, reminiscing the good old days, eating more laksa, stopping by at Lumut Waterfront, free drinks (!!!) and the journey back to KL were priceless! Basically, it was the highlight of my holiday! I almost forgot how much fun spending time with these girls can be. You ladies rock! Even after all these years!

++Moi, Emma & Adwina++

++All four of us at Amy's place++

++The newlyweds++

++With the rest of the ladies++

++At Lumut Waterfront++

++Exhausted! Ready to go back!++

All pictures taken from Adwina's FB


Next, was of course, my unfortunate trip back to France. Urm, unfortunate doesn't really describe it well, it was more like a blessing in disguise. There was a problem with the aircraft's right engine halfway through the voyage which required an emergency landing in New Delhi. It was pretty scary actually, because the engine which kinda exploded was on my side. Yes, there were small explosions which caused the plane to jolt and woke me up, then had the flight attendants rushing here and there until the Captain announced that we were flying with one engine as he had to shut the other one down and we were going to descend in India! But he was really good, he managed to not make it sound terrible and jokingly said it was his birthday that day which received an applause from the passengers. We landed smoothly, there were already firetrucks waiting just for precaution, just in case the engine exploded.

Landed, safely, thank God. Texted Mama my current whereabout. Called the Hubs, but he was sleeping too soundly to hear his phone ringing. Mama said, 'Takpelah, boleh tengok tempat baru', to which I replied, 'Nak tengok apa pagi-pagi buta ni?' and she said, 'Tengok lembu tidur.' LMAO! Mama, you're the best!

The rest wasn't, as they say, history. We had to wait for almost an hour in the aircraft as their representatives needed to prepare some papers because apparently, visa is needed to get into India, and it was two in the morning! When we finally got out, we had to queue up to go through customs, there were at least 400 passengers, you can imagine how long the line was and there was only one counter opened for these poor, sleep deprived people including yours truly! An hour in the line, another hour or so waiting for luggage, and one final hour in the bus, we finally checked in into a hotel. By that time, I already made new friends from Malaysia who were going to Norway. Thanks to them, I didn't feel so alone. If not, I would have been sad and depressed.

After checking in, we had breakfast and rested for a bit before we were called for lunch around 12.30 p.m. After lunch, we decided to go out, but we couldn't go far as the airport people had our passports. Luckily, there was a shopping mall next to the hotel. And there was Hard Rock Cafe as well!! But, nobody had any Rupees on them and Euros and USD were not accepted anywhere. Too bad! Passport is also needed for us to be able to exchange currency. Like, WTH, right? Spent the night at the hotel.

Next day, got on the bus as early as 8 a.m. and headed to the airport. They were giving our passports back, but it took so long and some of the passengers got really mad. They sorted the passports according to alphabets and it took them at least 15 minutes to find one for one person! They shouldn't have done that, it showed poor management on their part. They should have had them sorted by countries, it'd have been so much easier! The security at the airport was beyond horrible! I think we must have had our tickets stamped for more than four times! They wouldn't stamp the passports, although I asked, they said no. :(

Journey to Amsterdam was fine. When we finally arrived, my connecting flight was less than an hour, but my new friends had to stay in Amsterdam for one night as their flight to Norway departed the next morning. Lucky them! I arrived in Paris the same night, on Tuesday. Waited for my luggage but it didn't show up. Lodged a report, asked for a letter saying it's their fault I missed classes and work and they gave me a necessity pack, like the ones you get when you're flying first class, to last for three days!

Stayed in Paris for the rest of the week. Thanks to Uncle Fadzilah and family for having me! Luggage finally arrived on Friday afternoon. And that week was supposed to be my study week, but it had obviously gone down the drain. Went back to Caen on Sunday afternoon, at long last! My journey home took one.freaking.week!

Never have I imagined I was going to embark on such adventure to kick start this new year. It was indeed, a blessing in disguise, as I got to see a new place and I made new friends. I'm certain it's not going to stop there, and I'm pretty sure that this year is going to bring me more adventures! Will keep my fingers crossed!

++Welcome to India!++

++Hotel room++

++Breakfast++

++Where we stayed at++

++Hindustannnn!++

++My new friends :)++

Mama said it's like I've been given a second chance. If the plane were to crash, God knows where I'd be now. She said if it did, suing the airline company would be pointless as she wouldn't get me back. She said there would be nothing left of me, just ashes. That brought tears to my eyes. Sounds dramatic, isn't it? But anything is possible. I love my mom.

Exam week was tiring. It wasn't easy as I didn't really have time to study before. As I'm doing double major, I still had class on top of exams and I also had to start working. It's been a pretty busy week. But what made me proud was, my lecturer complimented my presentation although it was prepared last minute (he doesn't know). Yay MOI! I guess my staying up late had finally been paid off.

Starting tomorrow, I'm going to be on another study week, for the other major. The exam is in a week. Another busy week ahead with work and revision. And the worst part is, it's January sale! And I don't even have time to check them out! *sigh* I hope all these studying and working are going to be worth it in the end. Anyways, wish me luck! Til then, toodles!~

Moi xx

Listening to : -

4 commentaires:

C-I-K-I-N-T-O a dit…

wow.....berkelip-kelip mata baca citer ni...sangat menduga kesabaran! anyway, all the best in your exam dearie sistah..xoxo ;)

Wani Razali a dit…

mencabar btul permulaan taun 2011 ko..tp btul gak ckp mak ko tu..seb bek xjd pape..tp ape2 pun alhamdulillah ko dah pun selamat smpi...dan gud luck 4 ur exam!!

p/s bile nak balik sini lg???

izazi a dit…

hi liyana,
wow ..betul2 menduga kesabaran membaca entry ni n apa tah lagi
awak yg mengahdapi nye hehehehe
tp akak agreed dgn semua yg mama awak cakap :)
alhamdulillah awak selamat ..btw jom singgah kat blog akak k ;D

GurL-FriDay a dit…

kak shikin : hehe tu la awal² tahun ni. thanks!

wani : alhamdulillah selamat. kalau tak...hmm..tanak fikir. hihi. thanks weyh! insyaAllah kalau takde pape, aku balik for good july ni. :D

kak sherry : memang menduga. tapi saya rasa kelakar pun ada. hehe. alhamdulillah. thanks for the link! ;)