mardi, février 08, 2011

Kak Ani

++Sisters :)++

I remember, when I was about five, my dad brought home a very young lady after my mom and my brother came home from the clinic. My mom just gave birth to my brother. I didn't know who that lady was. She was in her teenage years. According to my dad, she was around 18 or 19 years of age. Very young, no? We didn't instantly click, obviously. And I didn't know that she was here to stay.

Since that day onwards, I was granted another sister, an older sister. She was our babysitter (I wouldn't call her a maid because she wasn't one). She cooked, she dressed us up for school, she basically took care of us when our parents were not around. She became part of the family. I always picked fights with her. At first, because I couldn't understand a word she said, she's from Terengganu, by the way. That's where my brother got the word "tubik", like, "Mama, milk tak tubik." Then because she was so garang. Garang gilaaaaa! Kejut kitorang pakai penyapu, ok! I mean, ketuk pintu dengan penyapu sambil jerit, "Anak dara apa ni bangun lewat!" And she always watched hindustan to the extent we couldn't watch our favourite shows. Just like sisters, we fought sometimes. I made her cry and she made me cry. I admit, I was mean when I was little (now, I'm just a little mean, teehee). But we never treated her less than a family member.

She stayed with us until we had to move to England as my dad had to attend a course over there and pursued his Masters at the same time. We couldn't bring her along as we didn't have enough money to support her, so, my parents had to let her go. But we kept in touch. We never forget her, not even once. To my mom, she's like her little sister. She even calls my mom 'Kak Ngah'. Everybody else in the family also knows her well, I mean, my relatives.

So, when we came back to Malaysia, Sitiawan, to be precised, she came and visited us. She's already working somewhere else and not as a babysitter anymore. We missed having her around, of course, but we had Mak and Abah Amir to look after us when MamAbah were at work. We didn't see her that much until we moved back to KL. She'd come everytime she got the chance. Then, the family left for France but Angah and I had to stay in Malaysia as I had to sit for my SPM and Angah, PMR. We were both in boarding schools so, leaving us behind wasn't a problem. Mama came back three months later to take care of us until we're done with our exams and Kak Ani was the one to accompany Mama here and there. Same thing when we went back to Malaysia for holidays. Kak Ani was always there.

The last time I saw her was when she spent the night Chez Rosland during my year end holiday. And that's when she broke the big news to us! Like I said before, she'd always come every chance she got. She's a family. And guess what? She just got married! And none of us were there to assist her wedding. Sad, but true. The family was in KK while Ieqa and I are in France. Kesian Kak Ani. I called her to wish 'Selamat Pengantin Baru'. She's still in Terengganu visiting relatives from her newly wedded husband's side. She sounded happy. I'm happy for her. I really am.

So, I'd like to take this chance to wish her 'Selamat Pengantin Baru' again, although I know she's not going to read this. Semoga berbahagia ke anak cucu. Sorry Kak Ani, Ayong tak dapat datang Kak Ani kahwin. I'll make it up to you. Kak Ani nak perfume lagi ke bag Longchamp lagi ke nanti Ayong beli as hadiah kahwin. Ayong sayang Kak Ani sangat-sangat. Terima kasih besarkan kitorang dengan penuh kasih sayang walaupun Kak Ani garang dulu. Kalau tak garang, kitorang tak jadi macam ni. Hehe. Lepas ni tak boleh lah Kak Ani nak datang rumah saja-saja dah. Tak boleh dah nak ikut kitorang balik kampung, balik Sitiawan semua. Kalau nak ikut, kena minta izin suami Kak Ani, tak pun kena bawak dia sekali, kan? Tiba-tiba macam rasa tak best pulak. Takpe, nanti Ayong balik, Kak Ani bawak suami Kak Ani jumpa kitorang, ye? Sekali lagi, terima kasih Kak Ani sebab sentiasa ada dengan kitorang, susah senang semua lah. Sayang Kak Ani sangat-sangat! Muahsss!

Now I feel bad for not going. (T__T) Sorry, Kak Ani!!

Moi xx

Listening to : Ku Berjanji Kerna Cinta - Anuar Zain

Aucun commentaire: