Anyways, I still haven't finished my last part of Roma. Guess I'm just gonna do it today before I forget all about it. Day four, we didn't do anything much. We woke up pretty late because we were really tired and our feet were hurting like nobody's business! After breakfast, we decided to go and look for Santa Maria In Cosmedin because that's where La Bocca della Verità is. If you're wondering what that is, you'll find out in a second.

Of course it does! We have a lot in Malaysia, don't we? The coin operated fortune telling machine! It's almost everywhere! So, this is the original one. The history can be read on Wikipedia. I'm just too lazy to write it here. We went inside the Basilica, saw the first hall crypt in Rome.
Next, we hiked up the Capitol. We entered the Capitolini Museum just to see the statue of Romolo e Remo, the mythical twins who were raised by a she-wolf, also believed to be Rome's founders.


As I said earlier, we didn't do much, we had lunch, packed our things and went straight to the Termini. Annie's train was at 4.45 p.m. and our shuttle was around the same time. We said our goodbyes and went our separate ways. Hopped on the plane and voilà! Back in Paris.

So, did I like Rome? Yes, I did. I think it's a beautiful city, surrounded by massive ancient architectures, which are surprisingly well kept compared to its new buildings. The people? Not so much. If you think French are stuck up, Italians are more or less the same. Not everybody speaks English. At least in France wherever you go, you'll always be greeted with a smile and a 'Bonjour'. We were lucky to have Annie with us because she speaks fluent Italian. And to tell you the truth, I sorta fell in love with the language. It's more melodious than French and it sounds so beautiful. I love love looooveeeeee it! But I was wrong about the weather, though. I don't even know why I thought it'd be warmer in Italy than in France. But I'm grateful that the weather was really nice through out our stay in Rome. It didn't rain at all, but it was freezing cold! Luckily I brought my gloves with me. ^__^ And I don't know why I expected to see a lot of fancy cars. I only saw a Lamborghini. No Maseratis, no Ferrarris. Gelato wise, I was kinda disappointed. I didn't find any gelato that actually lit fireworks in my mouth. None. When I went to Turino about four years ago, I had a delicious gelato and I thought there would be more in Rome. Foolish me. Anyways, all in all, I had fun in Rome. I don't think I would wanna go again, at least not in the near future.
Some tips for you, if you are planning to visit Rome, make sure you wear comfortable shoes, shoes that are meant for walking. Most roads and streets in Rome are all made of cobblestones with a lot of tiny holes in between. DON'T wear heels. Terpeleot nanti siapa susah? Haaa. Make sure you get a map from the airport or the train station or the hotel. It's easy to find your way in Rome because it's such a small city (it only has TWO metro lines!) and the main attractions are within walking distance. Buy tickets only from ticket booths. If you need a guide, find one that offers the least and with whom you can negotiate. DON'T expect a lot of variety in pizza and pasta. One tip I got from a guy who works at the hostel is, don't talk to strangers, even if they speak really good English. They're just crime waiting to happen. And last but not least, pictures with Gladiators outside the Colosseum are not for free, you have to pay, a little. The rest, I think you'll have to find out by yourselves! Just lower down you expectation a bit. Then I guess you'll be fine!
Enfin, c'est fini! I hope I don't bore you too much. So, until then, toodles!~
Listening to : -
2 commentaires:
bestnya...bila la akak boleh sampai sana nih..hehe
anyway, first pic tu mmg sangat familiar..trus teringat time outing masa kat bainun dulu..haha
and one more thing, jgn ponteng kelas ok! belajar rajin2 :) xoxo
nanti kak shikin sampai gax, insyaAllah :)
kaaan? saya pun igt outing kat bainun dulu. haha.
tak ponteng dah insyaAllah. hihi. xoxo
Enregistrer un commentaire