
My role model. My personal teacher. My own philosopher. My love guru. My dad. Happy Father's Day, Abah! I know I've said this so many times, but you're the best father a girl could have ever asked for! You understand me in a way that others don't. You know my weakness. You recognize my strength. And that's why I'm here. Without your guide, without your support, I've no idea where would I be now. You always tell us to be sincere in everything that we do, whether we like it or not. You taught me not to give up, although you were kinda strict in doing so. You always tell us, your daughters, that we're the most beautiful girls in your eyes, apart from Mama, of course. You take pride in our success. You work hard to provide us with the best comfort. You try your best to fulfill our wishes, immediately or later. You almost never say no. When I want to do something, you'd say go for it, you never hold me back, no matter how stupid that something may sound. You let me make my own mistakes and later learn from them. You know how to keep secrets as well!
For me, you'll never grow old. You'll always be there for me. You know, I always watch you when you're sleeping (not in a creepy-Edward-Cullen-watches-Bella-Swan-when-she's-asleep kinda way), and I realized that old age has caught up with you. It makes me feel sad. It makes me feel scared. What if one day you're not going to be there for me anymore? How would I survive? Who would I go to when I need advice on something? Who would I talk to if someone hurt me? Who would I gossip with? All those thoughts of you not being there in the future are really scaring me. I hope God will be kind enough to let me have you for the longest time possible.
Today when I wished you Happy Father's Day, you replied that you miss me. I miss you too! So much! I miss going on a road trip with you. I'm the only one who likes to tag along when you're going somewhere for work, and you'd always bring me along. We would talk and talk and talk in the car. I never slept, no matter how long the drive was because I knew how precious the time that we had together. You always tell me that it's not the quantity of time that we spend together that matters, but the quality. And your words are very true.
I hope you had a very nice Father's Day, Abah! You've made us all proud with your achievement. I have yet to make you proud of mine, but I hope, somewhere along the way, I have. I love you, Abah. Wholeheartedly. You're definitely my Superdad!
Listening to : -
1 commentaire:
brilliant post. happy fathers day monsieur rosland. may Allah bless you with health & very long and happy life with the family, insyallah.
Enregistrer un commentaire